aberdeen-music

New Carson Wells tune

Huw

We're finally get round to another form of release in September time. This is a track from that EP. We still play a shouty emo/post hardcore racket with gammy changes, but have tried to tone down the vox a little bit from our last effort. Ross Middlemiss of Pesioner fame did a great job.

Hopefully there'll be some future updates on releases and things soon.

In For A Penny, In For A Pound by Carson Wells on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

What sort of recording setup does Ross from Pensioner have? (hint, hint)

The tracks were actually done at Robin Sutherland's new studio just outside Dundee. Ross has worked alongside Robin on various things and sometimes uses the studio for wee things like our tracks, or the upcoming Bonehouse stuff.

The studio is great and Ross is a super guy. If you're needing contact details, Jan, he posts on here as 'toiletbag'. If that doesn't work fire me a message on Facebook.

Thanks to all that have listened so far, it is really appreciated. :)

Aye, i loved the last EP but this new song really captures something more energy-wise and is just the right side of raw on the production front. The vocals sit really well in the mix with the guitars. I think you guys can chalk this one up as well written+well recorded= good listening.

Enjoyed muchly.

Liked the track.

Not a massive fan of the vocal delivery, but that's just my taste so my opinion here is worth exactly as much as you want it to be.

Other than that though, the guitars sounds amazing (but maybe a touch overpowering), the drums sound absolutely perfect and the track is really well written and well paced. Really, really good work.

xx

EDIT: I take back what I said about the guitars being overpowering, listening with headphones now - it was shit laptop speakers that made the rest of the mix sound too weak. The mix is perfect.

xx

• 1 month later...