aberdeen-music

Good local bands

ca_gere

Alright folks,

I've only recently returned to the area after about 3 years away, so I'm not that up to speed with what's going on. What I can do though is recommend a couple of bands that supported the successful Lucid Dream gig the other week.

The Carousels are followers of country music and The Byrds etc. Their three piece harmonies and Rickenbacker sound were really really good. Check out their new single here:

Call Along The Coast by thecarousels on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Also, check out His Name Is Codeine, who arguably stole the show at The Lucid Dream gig. Mega praise was heaped their way and rightly so. Intense, dark, menacing sound. Think The Black Angels with a female vocalist. They've really stepped up their game. Unbelievably good. Check them out here:

HIS NAME IS CODEINE | Elgin, UK | Alternative | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation

Keith's obviously nae just got Chivas Regal to be proud of...!!

Cheers

i think all the local bands i like have been mentioned. except pre-teens. and dolfinz, come to think of it.

i'd not heard the two acts mentioned above until reading that post but my first impressions of both are v positive.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed this and i was stone cold sober! Did you leave any kit behind?

Snake Temple Kings and Palmer Elridge Band for me as well.

Good stuff, glad you enjoyed it. weve been invited back on 12th August.

Yeh we did leave gear behind but i came by and picked it up on the Saturday afternoon. was there still stuff left over?

Ry

I can't believe no one has said The Little Kicks! I know they've been going a while now but still a great band, Steven Milne is a quality songwriter (as demonstrated by his solo material) and still have a good live following. They deserved to be massive 2006-2007 (still do, but back then major labels were signing all sorts of rubbish guitar bands while criminally overlooking them).

Other bands/artists that really impress me:

Katerwaul, Carson Wells, Min Diesel, Kitchen Cynics

I can't believe no one has said The Little Kicks! I know they've been going a while now but still a great band, Steven Milne is a quality songwriter (as demonstrated by his solo material) and still have a good live following. They deserved to be massive 2006-2007 (still do, but back then major labels were signing all sorts of rubbish guitar bands while criminally overlooking them).

Other bands/artists that really impress me:

Katerwaul, Carson Wells, Min Diesel, Kitchen Cynics

Totally back this! Nice choice on local acts too. In Atlanta are also really good Although not sure what they've been up to recently