aberdeen-music

Tame Impala and DJ Shadow etc for a quid/ downloading debate thread

kirkt

Thought might be of interest to people on here...everyday this week Amazon are offering downloads of selected albums for 1, today it's Tame Impala's album. Personally, I've never downloaded any album before with the exception of Radiohead - In Rainbows, I've always preferred the idea of owning an album and there is no way I'd ever pay 99p for a song unless it something absolutely amazing that wasnt being released physically...however I think the idea of buying an album download for 1 is pretty fair, good way to try before you buy and I've liked what I've heard so far by Tame Impala. What are people's thoughts? Would you pay full price for a download of an album?

Thought might be of interest to people on here...everyday this week Amazon are offering downloads of selected albums for 1, today it's Tame Impala's album. Personally, I've never downloaded any album before with the exception of Radiohead - In Rainbows, I've always preferred the idea of owning an album and there is no way I'd ever pay 99p for a song unless it something absolutely amazing that wasnt being released physically...however I think the idea of buying an album download for 1 is pretty fair, good way to try before you buy and I've liked what I've heard so far by Tame Impala. What are people's thoughts? Would you pay full price for a download of an album?

Yep I download music from iTunes/Amazon/emusic regularly, in addition to buying records/CDs. With CDs, nine times out of ten I just rip the disc to my computer and don't use the physical product again after that. I'm a big fan of being able to download an album legitimately straight to my phone!

As for the downloading an album for 1, it's clearly just a short-term marketing ploy from the album's distributor/label. There's absolutely no way it could be sustainable for anyone if it became more than a 'limited special offer' for certain releases.