aberdeen-music

Nba

waltz

Heat games are monotonous now. They go toe-to-toe in the first half then just pull away efficiently in the second. It's like clockwork.

Nets@Bulls was frustrating last night. Nets shot 26% FG. They just don't have a plan b against the Bulls' D. It's like they've been figured out. PJ made a good tactical change in the 4th by mixing up the line up with bench players every minute or so, like popovich does at the Spurs when things aren't working out. It's a bit of a balls out move, to just see if a random combination can string a few plays together and unsettle the defence. Difference is, the Spurs bench is much better.

First of all, nobody on the team was shooting well from any kind of distance. That's happened in the past and PJ normally switches up and plays Blatche or Lopes really tight in the paint - which normally works to get those layups, free throws, tip ins and put backs that just keep them in the hunt when not playing well. But, they were both missing easy chances or getting completely crowded out by Noah and co so that was a dead end.

Secondly, the Nets don't have a hype-man Nate Robinson type of player who can spur a rally. CJ Watson is far too calm to be that guy. The team was in desperate need of someone to get in the Bulls' faces, drive hard to the rim and generally just disrupt the flow.

The one promising thing is the fight they showed in the last 4 minutes. Some clever fouling and time management forced it to the last shot of the game which looked a long way off up until that point.

And now Westbrook is crocked, so that's yer NBA finals effectively ruined. Brilliant.

Currently catching-up on my recorded games on Sky+. Boston at New York right now, and I'll have New York at Boston and San Antonio at the Lakers to watch in the morning. Top stuff, although some kind of highlights/magazine show would be magic.

And now Westbrook is crocked, so that's yer NBA finals effectively ruined. Brilliant.

Currently catching-up on my recorded games on Sky+. Boston at New York right now, and I'll have New York at Boston and San Antonio at the Lakers to watch in the morning. Top stuff, although some kind of highlights/magazine show would be magic.

Don't count out the Spurs or the Knicks just yet. Well, do, but try to remain optimistic there's some fight left.

It's mightily condensed but nba.com has loads of videos. You're right though, an MOTD style show would be top of the pops.

I think the Spurs could make a good finals, the only problem I see is I dont think they have anyone that can guard Lebron.

Well no team can shut him down but you need one guy with some serious size and quickness to at least slow Lebron down.

Spurs need to keep doing what they did in the first round though, and shut the series down as fast as possible.  They need the rest.

Much better from the Nets last night. Although the threat is gonna be nullified on Thursday if Hinrich is back. If the Nets had a younger Boozer they'd be a team and a half. Way too reliant on Lopes for scoring in the paint and Blatche is too similar, just a worse shooter. Brook is pretty good and has a nice touch and all but he's still just a classic tall center, very lethargic and immobile at times. Would love it if we brought in a solid power forward.

I'm trying to stay positive but I really can't see us overcoming the defecit. All in all, that CJ Watson miss and capitulation aside, I'm not too disapointed with how this season has went. It's a good start for the franchise.

Well, it's getting fairly interesting.

Knicks played as badly as I've seen them all season last night. Celtics were pretty impressive though. Still can't stand them. I've said it before but they really are the Glasgow Rangers of the NBA (oddly enough). KG tried to dislocate Melo's arm, plain and simple. Dirty team and an annoyingly smug coach.

JR smith shot 0 for 12 from the field LOL.

The OKC v Rockets series is one i'm torn with. Would love to see Durant get a ring but James Harden is the coolest and most likeable player there is. And, the fact Jeremy Lin has done so well after being cast aside by the Knicks means I find myself pulling for the Rockets.

I'm gonna be shouting at the TV tonight. Nets have the slight momentum but they'll no doubt make it hard on themselves. Can't see the series getting tied but there's always hope. Hinrich is back which means the matchups are gonna have to change big time. DWill had Nate Robinson in his pocket in the last game but that won't happen this time.

I'm bangwagonning the Grizzlies pretty hard at the moment because Gasol and Z-Bo are awesome, and their grinding, tough play is easy to appreciate for a guy like me who doesn't know the technical nuances of basketball. And this happened, LOL:-

Look at Turiaf's face! He's like a wee dug waiting for his treat. Poor guy.

The Clippers are a stupid team. They give subpar big players far too many minutes (although this will be more of a necessity now that Blake is seemingly crocked) and don't give Bledsoe nearly enough time. I'm not convinced that Jordan can do anything other than dunk on people, while Odom, Butler and Billups look way past their best. They're exhilarating to watch in full-flow, but I'm not convinced by their coach.

At least they're not as poorly run as the Lakers, I guess. How do you solve a lack of mobility and defensive ability in the backcourt? Sign Steve Nash! You know who would mesh well with Kobe's borderline-robotic mentality? Dwight Howard! You know, we have this guy Pau Gasol, he's really good, so let's just completely misuse him for two straight seasons. I really don't like the Lakers. Too much like Newcastle at the moment.

I'm backing the Bulls to eliminate the Nets tonight, especially if Hinrich is back. The Nets have been a fun wildcard this season and it's been a fantastic start for them. They'll be better next year, but I think the likes of Johnson and Wallace are still too erratic. What are the chances of Noah and Deng coming back in tonight?

• 2 weeks later...

Top trolling from Joakim Noah:-

768755989.gif?1368238216

The Bulls/Heat series has been batshit so far. Some fan sticking her middle finger in Noah's face, Nazr Mohammed shoving LeBron, Nate Robinson rejecting LeBron in full flight, the Birdman falling on Robinson and everyone losing their shit about it. Long may it continue.

• Upvote 1

Top trolling from Joakim Noah:-

768755989.gif?1368238216

The Bulls/Heat series has been batshit so far. Some fan sticking her middle finger in Noah's face, Nazr Mohammed shoving LeBron, Nate Robinson rejecting LeBron in full flight, the Birdman falling on Robinson and everyone losing their shit about it. Long may it continue.

Noah is a twat.  He fell over on Robinson, it would have been nothing but he reacted as if Birdman had just hooked him and then it was football style handbags at dawn.

heatbullsfight.gif

Noah is a good player, not great though.  He's from the unbelievable Florida championship team but once he got to the NBA he wasn't the biggest/strongest anymore.

The Lebron push was just mental, Lebron gets fouled in the open court reacts a little and gets a technical (deservedly) then Mohammed just loses it for no reason.  

Chicago needs to get it together to stand a chance in this series.  They need to settle down and do what they normally do well and play good team defence.  They aren't going to keep up the scoring with Miami.  The Bulls can't penetrate into the paint without Rose.  They're best man at getting too the basket is Robinson and half his shots can be altered/blocked without even making the heat big men leave their feet.

Edited by Captain America
  • Upvote 1

A little disapointed the Bulls didn't take it to another game. They looked absolutely spent last night. Can hardly blame them really.

Knicks are in real trouble. I fancy them to win tonight but playing the way they are they deserve to be knocked out. It's a shame because when they really are on their game I could see them beating the Heat. Indiana not so much.

Pleased for Memphis. Likeable team. I saw them play the Nets a while back and was extremely impressed with their defense. They're my team in the playoffs from now on. Durant will get his ring at some point so i'm not too bothered about OKC getting knocked out.

Spurs playing steady basketball. Heat v Spurs final seems very likely. Heat in 5 is my guess.

I actually think that if it does end up with the Heat getting the finals that the Grizz would have a better chance against them.

I think the Spurs are a better team than the Grizzlies but I can't see the Spurs keeping up with the Heat.  There will be too many fast break/easy dunk points for the Spurs and that half court game they like to play.

The Grizz on the other hand could really pose some problems with the front court.  Marc Gasol is a monster and Zach Randolph is a double double every night.  I think that would cause more issues than the Spurs front court does (I love TD but he is just too old for the finals for me).

Would be 4-1 if it was Heat/Spurs, I'm saying 4-2 if it was the Grizz.

All this assuming Miami can handle the Pacers/Knicks who will be coming off a long series.  Miami will have at least 5 days rest for game 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Been thoroughly impressed with the Pacers. Their D has been great all year but as an attacking force they've been phenomenal in this series too. The pessimist inside me says tonight will be a 20+ points win for the Heat but I really really want the Pacers to progress.

Tonight's game is gonna be a belter.

tonight will be a 20+ points win for the Heat.

Good call bro. Good call.

Paul george and Roy Hibbert's stock have gone up a lot thanks to this playoff run. The 'no homo' thing was pretty unfortunate/funny (if a little naive) but he's one of the more likeable characters in the NBA.

When I saw that live I thought there'd been a glitch in the broadcast, play just kinda stopped and started. Tremendous block. That's one side of Lebron's game that gives him the edge over Kobe in my opinion. He consistently makes these kind of blocks. The other one he does is the huge leap and tip against the back board from behind. A good rejection is just as impressive as a dunk.

Heat turned up the... heat last night. It's gonna be a good series.

I think Lebron has surpassed Kobe now in terms of overall play.

Kobe is arguably a better scorer than Lebron but Lebron does so much more than just score.  As you said defensively he is so good not just blocking but he can guard anyone on the other team.  He is 6' 8'' so he can guard just about all 5 positions even against some centers, he is so quick for his size so he can keep up with point guards and he can jump out of the building so he has no issues with really athletic players as well.

He averages about 6/7 assists per game so he has no trouble passing which Kobe can forget to do all game.  Not to mention he is a better rebounder.

I think the only pro player you can compare Lebron to now is MJ.

I increasingly think you're right, although Kobe's scoring keeps him up there and the fact that he's been the game-winner on so many occasions over the years. His stock has gone down this year because the Lakers were so bad so it's natural to be talking Lebron.

Given the choice between Kobe and Lebron in my team deep in the clutch, 30 seconds on the clock, 3 points behind I'd still take Kobe. For all the rest, I'd go Lebron.

• 1 month later...

Some interesting off-season developments.

Nets in:

KG

Pierce

Terry

Livingston

Kirilenko

Nets out:

Jerry Stackhouse

marshon brooks

keith bogans

gerald wallace

kris humphries

Starting lineup:

Brook Lopez, Deron Williams, Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson

That's insane. Should get at least one good year out of that lineup. Bench is looking pretty nice too.

Howard to the Rockets. That's big. Lin, Harden, Howard - gonna be exciting to watch.

Can't remember any others at the moment.

• 4 weeks later...