aberdeen-music

Nba

waltz

You have to question Kevin Love's motives. Unless he goes to LA, which is meant to be the plan, what's he moving for? He probably has the best chance of fitting in a winning team at the Cavs and only the Cavs. The PF position is pretty strong around the league.

It was pretty heavily reported that he and Lebron didn't get on that well (could just be media stirring but still).

Maybe he'd just rather play somewhere else, the only teams that are going to offer Love a big deal are teams that think they are on the cusp of contending so I doubt he's that worried about going elsewhere.  He'd be signed to go with a another star player (like in LA), no garbage team is going to base their future around him after his time in Minnesota.

I'm kinda sad to see that Portland team breaking up. I see they've traded for Mason Plumlee though - one of the more promising Nets players of the last two years.

KLove is virtually a guaranteed double double every night no matter what the circumstances. He had a few injuries this year and had his role played with over the season and still scored 20+ points, 10+ rebounds almost every game he got minutes in. That to me is reason enough for a lot of teams to talk max contract. It'd be a tasty Lakers team with him, a fit Kobe and D'Angelo Russel. Well, for the first few months until Kobe gets injured. 

Regardless, as long as the Lakers have Bob Sacre on the bench, they're in with a chance

• 2 weeks later...

Free agency's been bananas so far. 

The Blazers have lost Lamarcus, Lopez, Batum and Matthews and are a lottery team all of a sudden.

DeAndre's gone to the Mavs, simultaneously ending the Clippers' championship-winning window and improving the Mavs at centre. I really, really like the Matthews pick-up for them as well.

The Spurs are looking absolutely terrifying with Lamarcus coming-in, Kawhi and Green re-signing, and David West on the verge of joining.

The Knicks and Lakers have failed miserably in attracting free agents with their "hey, he used to be good -- come and play for us" approach, though the Knicks have added a handful of functional NBA players in Robin Lopez, Afflalo and O'Quinn.

The Brow got paaaaaiiiiiiid.

Rajon Rondo went from a max-seeking player to a guy earning $9.5m on the NBA's most batshit franchise for a year within the space of about seven months.

Spurs have nailed free agency so far, they should be monsters next season especially if they can get Manu to play another year as part of the rotation.

I'm not sold on Jordan at the Mavs.  Just feels like he benefited from being the number 3 in LA.  He is obviously a great defender but Dallas need him to be much more than that.

I think DeAndre's success at the Mavs depends on their PG situation. He is very, very dependent on his point guard and Dallas desperately need a creator to fit him. I heard that he left the Clips because he wanted to play a bigger role on offense, which is completely insane. He's good at rebounding, shot blocking and finishing lobs -- he's absolutely not somebody that you run your offense through.

Considerable upgrade on Tyson Chandler though.

• 4 months later...

So, the Warriors are pretty much destroying basketball as we know it.

Entirely worthy of the praise and hype. That team is phenomenal. But, i can't help but not really enjoy watching them. I'd much rather see some ground and pound teams toss each other around. Or the ridiculously well-drilled Spurs pass their way through teams.

Kristaps PorzinGOAT has been a joy. Nets suck ass so bad it hurts. Now lost one of our best players.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Warriors Cavs game on Xmas after everyone had gone to sleep.

It's amazing seeing them win low scoring games as well as high.  Green is a phenomenal player, he plays at least 4 positions every game.  Hoping someone else from the East goes to the finals this year.  West looking tough as always, Spurs, Warriors conference finals would likely be better than the actual finals at this rate.

Warriors are unstoppable but I do think the Cavs are still a bit of an unknown quantity at the moment - Once Kyrie gets back in the swing of things we'll have a better idea of their capabilities this season. K.Love is playing well and looks 'settled'. His hair is a disgrace though.

Only game I caught yesterday was the LA derby. Lakers are just so bad it's frustrating. 9 of 10 shots will be contested hoists from the base line. None of them look even arsed about it either. Zero effort to work the ball into  higher percentage opportunities. The exact opposite of the Spurs.