aberdeen-music

Nba

waltz

Cleveland in 5 for me. Splash Brothers (worse name ever) may rain 3s in bursts but the likes of Shump, JR, Lebron, Irving, DELLY and co are way better perimeter defenders than they've been facing. They get IN YOUR FACE. Thompson and Mozgov won't be giving up easy layups either.

Fuck it... i'm going out a limb and It will probably blow up in my face but my prediction is that the  Warriors will get out-rebounded on both ends and they'll have a lot more turnovers. Add to that a softened threat from 3 and the Lebron beast mode threat... Cavs will win comfortably.

I work with Israelis so they're cockahoop over David Blatt (apparently the president of Israel called him the other day and he's massive news there just now). I also like the Cavs players a lot more than the Warriors players for no real reason other than they seem less serious.

Is Kyrie 100% though?

I'd call a Cavs win if Kyrie was fit but he has a knee and foot injury.  No way he's healthy.  

I don't see Cleveland winning every game at home, no way you can keep those shooters down every game.  I don't see them taking both games in 2 of the 3 in GS.  Can't see it ending in 5.  6 minimum for me if Cleveland do win.

Lebron was amazing and I think they'd have won it in regular time if the refs had called some pretty blatant fouls.

Lebron is going to have to do so much lifting to win this series though.  Steph missed 18 shots last night and Cleveland won by 2.  The rest of the team need to do even more if they are going to win the series.

Problem with the no pass or the 'give it to lebron asap' offense is it doesn't let anyone get hot. Mozgov did his piece, as did Thompson but other than that, the likes of shump, JR and Co can't get any rhythm if they never get the ball. I think if James Jones, JR and Shump had had slightly hotter hands it would have been over way earlier.

The cavs should be in the driving seat of these playoffs. They've been by far the more aggressive team and for the most part have been winning the battles. Warriors just don't quit though. At any point they can just go streaky and rain 3s.

Great great series.

That's yer Warriors as NBA champs, then.

I'd like to have seen the Cavs win their first ever title, but is there a more likeable coach than Steve Kerr? Not only has he brought the very best out of a fellow dead-eye shooter in Steph Curry, but his rotations have been excellent, and his ability to read opposition is second-to-none.

All in all, that was the best season in recent memory, IMO

I'm a bit gutted it didn't go to 7 because I would have been able to watch the last game. Missed 5 and 6. LeBron was MVP from what I saw for sure. He was the best player by a mile (through 4 games). Warriors obviously were the best team though and that's what counts. Who are the cavs gonna move for now? K love is done and I suspect they'll probably ship on a couple others and bring in another elite shooting forward. I can't think who though.

Best season in recent memory for me.

Steve Ballmer has started the rebrand on the Clippers.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/13104164/steve-ballmer-los-angeles-clippers-owner-unveils-new-team-logo-late-night-show

It's a good move, if it was me though I think I'd rename the franchise.  Clippers are just synonymous with being the Lakers shit brother.  I'd have a fresh start.

Still really like that new Clippers text logo (on the white jersey), not sure about the C with LA in it, it looks weird on the red one.

Bucks killed it with their new unis.  They look amazing.

I'm pretty pleased with our draft. Hezonja sounds like an absolute lunatic, and, as a shooter, addresses one of the team's biggest shortcomings. He sounds a bit more "NBA-ready" than Porzingis as well, who we were heavily linked with. Sort of disappointed we didn't roll the dice on WCS though.

Reckon we're probably looking at another transitional season (only with more competent coaching and less drubbings), before Hoovering-up a couple of top free agents next year.