aberdeen-music

Nba

waltz

Lebron is such a colossus. He does what he wants. As long as he's playing the Heat are gonna keep winning championships. Thought we had a chance to tie the series in game 4 but it was never going to 7. I suppose financially you have to say the Nets season was a bust, given the players they brought in. KG and Paul Pierce showed glimpses of greatness in a couple of games in the playoffs but overall I can't say I was impressed with them this season. The Nets would have had a chance against any other team in the east had they had a higher seed. Fuck it.

The threepeat is real!

It's the whole team though.  Lebron is amazing but it's the same as at Cleveland, except Pat Riley is putting the right pieces around him.

Anderson last year made the team, this year is the same with him, Ray Allen, Cole stepping up in games when needed to make shots.  Not necessarily big point showings but getting that one basket when they need it.

It was poetry for how KG and Pierce treated Ray after he left Boston for Miami (for less money!!).  Ray sinks them with that three and ends any chances of them getting another ring.  Also might end KG's career.

Paul Pierce is talking retirement too.

J Shutty is annoyingly good at those clutch 3s. His snear bugs me though.

There's no denying D Wade, Bosh and co are class players but for me Lebron still carries the team. Without him they would still be good. With him they're a shoe in for the championship. Half of all their possessions are Lebron playing point guard for a bit, setting a pick and driving to the rim. That or hitting a step back 12 footer if the lane closes up. It just seems like a lot of the time all other players are merely Lebron's options. Ok, you can point to Bosh's corner 3s, Shuttleworth's shooting consistency or Anderson's boards being essential pieces in the puzzle but I just think Lebron is just so brilliantly powerful it doesn't matter. This is coming from someone who has always been reluctant to jump on the Lebron bandwagon. 

That 49 point game the other day was just wow.

• 1 month later...

Really surprised that the Spurs could close in only 5 games.  Saying that it just shows how weak the East is, Miami never got out of second gear in the playoffs and never got much higher in the finals.

Game 4 was incredible by the Spurs, I don't think they missed a shot in one of the quarters.   Pleased for Tim Duncan.  Best PF of all time.

That was so satisfying. Heat well and truly found out. That Spurs ball movement is so great to watch. All that swagger the Heat have being cut down by a team that focuses on the fundamentals... it was the perfect storyline.

That game 4 was really special. I'd go as far as saying the first half was the best basketball I've ever seen. Consistent, accurate, exciting, intelligent, determined (green's steals!) - they had everything.

Loved those finals!

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great move for him personality wise, everyone will love him now.

I'm not sure if I would trust that Cleveland front office though... they failed the first time to get him a team good enough and in the 4 years he's been gone they've managed to acquire 3/4 number one draft picks.  That is not good.

They either have a totally incapable scouting system or they just can't identify talent in general.

Like I said, I hope it goes well because I want Cleveland to get a championship but I think they need to reshape the front office there.

They do have Irving going for them though so they have a chance of transitioning superstars in a couple of years when Lebron slows down a bit hopefully Irving can take on the number 1 role.

Completely agree about the front office: that'll definitely hold them back. I think the Bennett pick says it all, really. That's all the fuckery you need.

Irving, Wiggins, LeBron, Thompson and Varejao is a strong-ish five. They need a bit of maturation, of course, but I like it. There's talk of them pursuing Kevin Love, for whom they've apparently offered Bennett, Waiters and a draft pick. Ray Allen's also been linked. It'll be cool to see who they try to surround LeBron, Irving and Wiggins with, because I'm not at all ready to consider them a threat yet.

On the other hand, the Heat have an absolutely massive wad to cash to play with, with LeBron leaving and Bosh likely headed to the Rockets. Only two of last season's players remain under contracts: Norris Cole is on about $2m a year, and Justin Hamilton is on about $800k. MAD BANK. It's going to be a fun summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not going to look at any pictures/video, but several people have described the incident as "literally the worst thing I've ever seen" today. Very sad stuff. Hopefully it was a clean enough break and he'll be able to recover, because he's a good player and seems like a nice bloke. 

• 3 months later...

Lebron getting some criticism so far this season.

He just doesn't seem to understand the defensive scheme going on in Cleveland.  Someone on reddit called him a potato rolling around the court and it's caught on there.

Good example from the other night, it's not just that he doesn't know where to go it's like he can't be hooped.

giphy.gif

He's still Lebron though, I mean he's going to put up points and stuff but he hasn't looked himself so far in going back.

I don't think this new Cleveland team has gotten to the 'defence' part of the playbook yet. I'm not too worried for them. I've watched 2 games so far and they look championship worthy at times already (on offence of course lol). Kevin Love is a full court threat, Kyrie is a future HOF PG and what Lebron does so well is give other players time and space for good looks so it just makes already great players even better. Like Lebron says... 'RELAX'

My fantasy team is killing it so far. Pau, Howard and Love top performers but everyone's chipping in. 

EDIT: the HTML fucked up in the copy/paste. removing the data.

Edited by ca_gere

here's my team right now:

Mario Chalmers Mia - PG,SG

O.J. Mayo Mil - PG,SG

Dwyane Wade Mia - PG,SG

Mirza Teletovic Bkn - SF,PF

Kevin Love Cle - PF,C

Kyle Korver Atl - SG,SF

Nene Hilario Was - PF,C

Dwight Howard Hou - PF,C

Pau Gasol Chi - PF,C ?

Donald Sloan Ind - PG,SG

Roy Hibbert Ind - C

Andrew Wiggins Min - SF

J.R. Smith NY - SG,SF

Jeremy Lin LAL - PG,SG

Mason Plumlee Bkn - PF,C

Bosh was snapped up surprisingly early. People were hesitant with KD and DRose so your Boshes and other '2nd' guys were taken early. We did a stupid keepers thing this year where you could choose to keep a player you drafter later than the 4th round last year. It's worked out well for me seeing as I kept Pau Gasol who has just fitted right the fuck in at Chicago.

Who do we fancy for the championship this year? It's really hard to call this year. The Spurs could just do it all again, but then again some of the burgeoning teams who've threatened to go deep in the playoffs in the past few years are just about getting ripe now:

Warriors? Clippers? Rockets?

And of course, all eyes on Cleveland.

Can we write off OKC with all the injuries? Too early to do so?

I'm going to stick my neck out and say... The Bulls will win the East, Spurs will be run close for the West. Spurs will win the championship.

I wouldn't write off OKC as they just need to make the playoffs and they can go all the way.  Doesn't matter if they are the #8 seed or the #1 seed.

Don't fancy the Clippers again, I dunno what it is about that team but for having two hugely athletic bigs they don't seem to play good defence.

East is Cavs or the Bulls.  Too much talent in Cleveland now for them not to make it to the finals, especially with the Pacers having a year off with no George.  Fancy the Cavs to get it together and LeBron to carry them over the Bulls.  Especially when DRose gets injured.

Spurs win the West over the Warriors.

Finals Spurs win again, Pop will out coach the Cavs.

My dark horse is Memphis to make some noise in the West Playoffs (I wish we had done this before they started 5-0, they're still a dark horse dammit!).