aberdeen-music

Arcade Games at Codonas

Guest Cool Thinker

Flying Shark, Puzzle Bobble 4, nuff said.

And just about any care game is better in a decent arcade machine.

Is that arcade machine still in The Moorings? Literally not been in for about 3 years.

Is that arcade machine still in The Moorings? Literally not been in for about 3 years.
Prob a different one than the one you would've seen. Mainly different games. Flying Shark is gone, which sucks ass, but some fucking awesome games still on there. Toobin', Mortal Kombat, Puzzle Bobble 1-4, Robotron 2014, Centipede etc etc

ca_gere, have you been here Barcade | 388 Union Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11211 | 718-302-6464 ?

A friend of mine who's into old arcade games visited and fell in love with the place.

I was unaware of this place. I am now desperate to go. Could be a new contender for best bar after this place Fat Cat NYC : live jazz : bar : pool : ping pong : your local West Village hangout. Live jazz and soul music, Ping Pong (i'm talking 10 + tables, nae one shitey thing in the corner), Pool, shuffleboard and Chess - all in the one place.

Ping pong as a bar sport! What an amazing idea. I've never seen that before at all.

Yup. It was pretty much the best thing ever knocking back beer and playing ping pong. They solve the ball bouncing everywhere by putting up nets. Think it'd work in the UK or too many bams to spoil the fun?

Yup. It was pretty much the best thing ever knocking back beer and playing ping pong. They solve the ball bouncing everywhere by putting up nets. Think it'd work in the UK or too many bams to spoil the fun?

The bar my flatmate works in in Glasgow has a ping-pong table. And a NES. Still quite shit though.

The bar my flatmate works in in Glasgow has a ping-pong table. And a NES. Still quite shit though.

I think you're talking about Hillhead bookclub off Byres Road? They have a snes, megadrive and a playstation setup. Most of the playstation dics are scratched to shit so don't work, however last time I was there a working copy of Bushido Blade was in the machine. Drunken samurai showdowns? yes please.