aberdeen-music

Musicman stingray sale or swap *feeler*

GraemeC

I recently purchased a 4 string sunburst stingray, its 10yrs old and has a few chips but is in good condition and plays well, I really need back line and im thinking of selling it on or might trade for some pro quality back line.

so 750 or trade or px....

Any interest then pm me.

G...

I might have for sale (no swaps sorry) soon this bass rig :

ashdown mini 4x8

ashdown mini 15

both with covers

gator rack with :

EBS TD 650 rack mount amp head

Korg DTI 100 rack tuner

Sennheiser wireless system (strap pack transmitter inc.)

roughly 3k's worth of kit

Will let go for 1200

I might have for sale (no swaps sorry) soon this bass rig :

ashdown mini 4x8

ashdown mini 15

both with covers

gator rack with :

EBS TD 650 rack mount amp head

Korg DTI 100 rack tuner

Sennheiser wireless system (strap pack transmitter inc.)

roughly 3k's worth of kit

Will let go for 1200

The ebs is all I would be interested in that wee lot.. best of luck with selling it though

I'd offer you my Trace Elliot V-Type 1x15 combo plus 250. It's a super rare amp, never even seen one on eBay. 180W into 16 ohm (internal speaker), 250W into 8 ohm. I used to run a 4x10 cab with it. Valve pre-amp, gain/bass/mid/treble/volume, with deep and bright switches. I've used it via the balanced DI with a top quality PA and the sound guy came up after and said "your bass sounded like thunder"!!! I've gone to a very clean sounding rackmount head for funk these days, and want another Stingray as back-up bass. Bought for 500 second hand.

Id offer my Fender, but it needs revalved and new speakers in the cab:-(

I'd offer you my Trace Elliot V-Type 1x15 combo plus 250. It's a super rare amp, never even seen one on eBay. 180W into 16 ohm (internal speaker), 250W into 8 ohm. I used to run a 4x10 cab with it. Valve pre-amp, gain/bass/mid/treble/volume, with deep and bright switches. I've used it via the balanced DI with a top quality PA and the sound guy came up after and said "your bass sounded like thunder"!!! I've gone to a very clean sounding rackmount head for funk these days, and want another Stingray as back-up bass. Bought for 500 second hand.

Id offer my Fender, but it needs revalved and new speakers in the cab:-(

Not a huge trace fan, I guess the v series is better but regardless of rarity I wouldnt put anything like that value on it....

G...

I've gone off Trace Elliot gear, but I was really surprised how different this amp sounded to the stuff with 7/12 band EQs. I'm not sure about value, as there's nothing really to base it on other than what I paid for it and what it means to me. When I got it I went into R and B with a certain budget looking for a head and 4x10 cab, and this sounded in my view so much better than new stuff at more than twice the price. There was also a 4x10 version produced (which I wish I had!!!).

It was worth a punt, and I guess I'll hold onto it:-)

I've gone off Trace Elliot gear, but I was really surprised how different this amp sounded to the stuff with 7/12 band EQs. I'm not sure about value, as there's nothing really to base it on other than what I paid for it and what it means to me. When I got it I went into R and B with a certain budget looking for a head and 4x10 cab, and this sounded in my view so much better than new stuff at more than twice the price. There was also a 4x10 version produced (which I wish I had!!!).

It was worth a punt, and I guess I'll hold onto it:-)

saw one for sale about 18 months ago at 400 on basschat... and wasnt it a 4x8 version not 4x10?

• 9 months later...