aberdeen-music

The Human Centipede II...

waltz

It's pretty ridiculous that the BBFC have decided not to issue a certificate/classification for HC2. Especially when they passed A Serbian Film, which is just pure sensationalism with a very flimsy storyline. In an era when very few films actually even get an 18 certificate i think it's pretty bizarre that a film with some sandpaper wanking and a bit of barbed wire rape doesn't get passed.

As an adult i should really be allowed to decide what i want to watch within reason. It's really just going to end up overhyping the film and the next generation of film enthusiasts will be as dissapointed with HC2 as i was with Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I'm not really into the thought of returning to the days of the BBFC dictating what grown adults can watch after things chilled out at the turn of the millenium but I do understand why we have got back to this point, a few films lately definitely just seem to be attempting pure shock tactics, far beyond the traditional gross-out horror elements which were kind of reaching their pinnacle with some of the goings on in the 'Hostel' and 'Saw' films.

That 'A Serbian Film' for instance, I haven't seen it but I'm not certain I want to having read an outline of what goes on in it, at least one scene that was cut in the UK seems completely indefensible to me, dressing it up as a commentary on what has been endured by the Serbian people I'm afraid won't justify it in my mind.

I used to have a tendency to want to see anything that held a particular notoriety just to see if the hype was worth it but some of the films lately just sound beyond even my boundaries.

I haven't even seen the original 'Human Centipede' actually, is it worth the effort? The concept as I understand it doesn't really seem worthy of further development and by the sounds of it the sequel is pretty much just an attempt at shock tactics. Banning it however will just lead to folk tracking it down via illegal download, import DVD, etc so I'm not sure that banning films outright is worth the effort in this day and age.

I completely agree with the banning of 'that scene' in A Serbian Film. But why ban a film because of over the top sexual stuff? It happens in Se7en. Ok we don't see it but we all imagined it.

I'm still to see HC and ASF. The only reasons I haven't yet is my gf is against me putting money towards them and I've heard the acting is pretty terrible.

From what I've heard of the original HC it's fairly shitty (but highly gross) mediocre horror with flimsy plotlines and dreadful dialogue and acting. But I've not seen it, obviously.

I watched it a few months ago. I've watched far worse.Even the gross factor doesnt seem that bad when compared with stuff like Hostel/Saw.

Ever seen Cyrus? That film should've been banned. 2 hours of my life i could've spent poking needles in my eyes, setting myself on fire or slowly removing every hair on my body. with tweezers. It would've been more enjoyable.

I've yet to watch ASF but its still probs just overhyped nonsense. :gringo:

I watched it a few months ago. I've watched far worse.Even the gross factor doesnt seem that bad when compared with stuff like Hostel/Saw.

Ever seen Cyrus? That film should've been banned. 2 hours of my life i could've spent poking needles in my eyes, setting myself on fire or slowly removing every hair on my body. with tweezers. It would've been more enjoyable.

I've yet to watch ASF but its still probs just overhyped nonsense. :gringo:

Cyrus wasn't even ironic, just shit.

I watched the original when it was shown on one of the Sky channels....It was a tedious, slow, badly acted movie. I never even made it to the end without dozing off!!! If 2 is anything like the original (even with the sandpaper and razor wire scenes), I'll be giving it a miss.

But I still believe that it should be up to the individual to choose what they want to watch and not some overall governing body to decide for you.

• 4 months later...

You see why the main character does it though. A lot of brutality is caused even from the most trivial of times in the movie and some undeeded sequences were involved but the aesthetic and the ways of shooting the movie were very close to what was needed to shock. A lot more gory than the first one... You see more than just a hanging rectum this time.