aberdeen-music

Fish at the Lemon Tree 27/08/2011

With Frank Usher on guitar and Foss Paterson on keyboard, Fish will be playing songs from the back catalogue of both Marillion and his own solo albums, with the possibility of previewing some new material if he gets around to writing it before August.

Fish first came to public prominence 30 years ago in 1981 as the lead singer of Marillion and they enjoyed top 10 success with singles such as Kayleigh, Lavender and Incomunicado. In 1988 he left the band to pursue a solo career and has since released 9 studio albums with a tenth due to be released next year. Fish has also appeared in several TV series and films. He had a career hiatus in 2008 when he had to be treated for a cyst on his vocal chords, and complications from the operation meant that he was unable to perform live again until summer 2010.

Fish says: Im really looking forward to this tour and getting out and about all over Scotland. The acoustic shows are different to what I have done before and Im enjoying playing all the old songs in a new way.

Tickets cost: 17.50 +bf

I saw this tour in October in Edinburgh and it was superb, for any longtime fan as there is a large amount of classic era Marillion played in the show.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did he play mice though? Perhaps I should bring some and lob em' on stage? Too subtle?

How was the Royal as a venue?

He didnt at Keith but as you now know he did in Aberdeen :p The Royal was OK, wasnt the worst thats for sure, He wasnt happy with the chatting though, and by all accounts it was very loud onstage, sound carries at the Lemon Tree.

Fish - Lemon Tree

Yes, the big man was very pissed off with the constant chatting coming from the bar. He even got off the stage and walked over to the bar to tell them to shut the f**k up! Makes you wonder about the Lemon Tree as a venue, cos the bar is in the same room as the stage. I would doubt Fish would chose to play there again, he left in a very bad mood. Shame really, as it had the makings of a great gig, he was on top form until about half way through.

Yes, the big man was very pissed off with the constant chatting coming from the bar. He even got off the stage and walked over to the bar to tell them to shut the f**k up! Makes you wonder about the Lemon Tree as a venue, cos the bar is in the same room as the stage. I would doubt Fish would chose to play there again, he left in a very bad mood. Shame really, as it had the makings of a great gig, he was on top form until about half way through.

Its a catch 22, worst gig but best merch sales of the tour so far. I had a guy square up to me and complaining about the way Fish spoke to the fans but tbh I didnt think he was that out of order, the noise level coming from the bar was shocking.