aberdeen-music

wanted -> Washburn dime!

TRENDKILL95

well ive heard from a few people that the washburns are,

but i have a dean, which kicks ass and has killer tones

but in the pantera albums in which dime uses washburn guitars, i think that those albums have a better guitar sound and raw tone,

this is why i want a washburn dime to see the comparison!

\m/

the dime-o-flage is one of the low end models by dean, ive seen some for like 200 new thesedays. I pal has that model also. he got a bill lawrence pickup for the bridge ala dime but i bet the more expensive deans would sound better,

(not that im slagging off your guitar saying its cheap or anything- i play budget guitars also)

yeh man, dont worry about it, the dimeoflame is a korean cheap ass model, but still it has killer tones, with the dimebucker and the bridge pickup is a warm thick creamy sound ace for legato and tap, but the USA deans (the "better" ones) just seem like a waste, the cheapest is like $3000 odd, and there usually just wood grain designs, so the cosmetic value isnt great

but whateverman, as long as it works

\m/

well ive heard from a few people that the washburns are,

but i have a dean, which kicks ass and has killer tones

but in the pantera albums in which dime uses washburn guitars, i think that those albums have a better guitar sound and raw tone,

this is why i want a washburn dime to see the comparison!

\m/

Keep in mind that Dime changed all of the other parts of his rig over the course of each album which drastically altered the sound. Furman PQ-3 Parametric EQs used on some, PQ-4s on others. That change happening in conjuntion with changes to the type of MXR 6 band EQ used in front (the Furmans were in the loop sometimes), the equalisation used on the Randall RG100ES would have changed during each album recording period. The amp model even changed over time, using the original Randall Warhead later on for example. The change between the Bill Lawrence L500-XL and the Dimebucker also has an impact.

That is before considering that different specs to the MLs/Stealths used themselves are important (some had maple tops and ebony boards whereas others were mahogany bodied solely (no maple) with rosewood boards).

There are MANY things that changed, rather than just going from Dean to Washburn. ;)

Also, different desks and preamps give the mastering stage a massive impact to the guitar sound you hear. :up:

yeh man, dont worry about it, the dimeoflame is a korean cheap ass model, but still it has killer tones, with the dimebucker and the bridge pickup is a warm thick creamy sound ace for legato and tap, but the USA deans (the "better" ones) just seem like a waste, the cheapest is like $3000 odd, and there usually just wood grain designs, so the cosmetic value isnt great

but whateverman, as long as it works

\m/

:laughing: Hmmm. You get what you pay for. I have a USA custom shop Dean DFH which blows all of the import [Chinese & Korean] models away. Yes it was significantly more expensive, but the body materials are to a much higher standard, same with the neck, fretboard, hardware, fretwork. Basically anything that matters with regards to sound and feel is so greatly enhanced on the USA model.

:up:

yeh man, theres some good points raised there, but all in all im looking for a washburn to compare what i think i perfer,

this isnt a dean V washburn thread =L

I'm aware of that and haven't made it such - I didn't bring any new topics into the thread, I only replied to stuff that was already said and vague and/or incorrect/misinformed :up:

i know man, im just looking to buy not argue =L

if you hear about anyone selling direct them here =D

\m/

Neither am I, just correcting things and maybe throwing in there that you won't necessarily find that a cheap Washburn Stealth - which isn't what Dime used - gives a closer tone to that of Trendkill than a cheap Dean that he didn't use either. :up:

Anyways, good luck in your search. It has been a couple of years since I have seen any advertised up here, and even then they weren't Stealths, rather the 333 slime models.

If I find any nearby I'll let you know though :)