aberdeen-music

Taco & the Sharpies - Hip Hop/Jazz/Soul/Funk

FatHand

colin.

you know we love this, er... darling (?). It is brilliant. And the MC just flows with the music. superb.

I would say it would be the best hippy funk hop I've ever heard in the whole universe, if it just had a bit more hook to fish with. But then again I say that about the roots and then they use the joanna newsom sample and a worm turns into a sliver fly...

ok I'll stop this crap explantion and leave it there..........

again well done.

• Upvote 2

• 10 months later...

It has been nearly a year since I posted in this thread... wow.

For any and all that are interested, we are playing our first gig in Aberdeen for some time in the Lemon Tree on Saturday 11th August. It's part of the International Youth Festival line up so we've been linked up to play with an interesting group from France called Le Chemin Des Chavres.

Check out some of our tracks on:

www.soundcloud.com/thesharpies

I'm recording some of the practice sessions so I may put up some tasters of the live sound before the gig.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the delay, doors are at 8pm.

http://www.boxofficeaberdeen.com/events/aiyf-2012-le-chemin-des-chevres

Rehearsals are going really well, we're going to put on a really great show for everyone who manages along. We'll be doing a more gigs over the coming months, at least one of them will be in Aberdeen so if you can't manage along this time don't fret.