aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

First time I've been to Pittodrie in a wee while. Great performance tonight. Total domination, Aberdeen never looked like conceding, and it could've easily been more but for some sloppy finishing and a few excellent saves. Really like the look of the strikers: Vernon isn't the best on the ball but he's clearly a very good penalty box striker, and Fallon's hold-up play is excellent. Neither of them are complete strikers but their differing attributes mean they compliment each other nicely.

Arnason, what a player. He strolled through tonight's game and still looked mint. The guy just doesn't look phased by anything: you can tell the SPL is an absolute piece of piss for him.

• Upvote 1

Well that was fun! Could have been several more considering the saves their keeper made, hitting the woodwork and even missing a couple of decent chances. I particularly enjoyed how we passed our way out of trouble rather than thumping it long, in fact we hardly switched to long balls out of defence at all. Vernon and Milsom were the standouts for me tonight although a good all-round team performance.

We really need to make that performance worthwhile by doing it again in the next few games and picking up points. But for the meantime, COYR!

Amazing game last night. Happy to hold my hands up and say my cynicism to the Friday night games was misplaced, atmosphere was the best it'd been in a long time.

Milsom was my MOTM although Arnason once again absolutely strolled it. He's a class above, that man. Met him when he was absolutely fucked a couple of weeks ago in a McDonalds.

No one tops Scott Vernon, who is not only a likeable man but the best striker the world has ever seen.

Sexy Pique has never looked like that!

Can we still gloat about Aberdeen winning 4-0? Of course we can. FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL :rockon:

My plan for today was to be hungover and watch all the football possible but I didn't do the hangover right so I think I might leave the house at some point. Now I'll have to decide which games to watch.

Phil Jones pulls some incredibly horrific faces. His "gameface" reminds me of Zander Diamond. He had a habit of looking like a psychopathic killer on death row when going up for a header. I can't find an ample one on google though.

Phil Jones is immense though. But he needs to calm down a bit. He's bombing all over the pitch like he's a full back, and gets exposed a lot. David Luiz does the same. Both should probably holding midfielders, smashing the fuck out of dainty little wingers, winning the ball back and then lollipop-sticking all the way up the pitch and smashing in a volley, that they set up themselves. Boof!