aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I partly agree that Dons fans have overly high expectations, although I don't think most sane fans have aspirations of doing anything better than 3rd/4th spot in the league, a cup final every once in a while and perhaps the odd Euro adventure....surely dumping East Fife, QoS et al on a regular basis isn't too much to ask?

It shouldn't be...but it feels like these clubs have more hunger, more to play for, aspiration to better themselves.

IMO it will be a Kilmarnock V St Mirren final ... with the buddies to learn lesson from their defeat by the forces of darkness 2 years ago and beat the best pie makers in Fitba and lift the diddy cup !

Celtic have too many journey men foreign players who just don't really care enough, in fact they are Aberdeen in disguise ... albeit at a slighly higher level of being pish.

I partly agree that Dons fans have overly high expectations, although I don't think most sane fans have aspirations of doing anything better than 3rd/4th spot in the league, a cup final every once in a while and perhaps the odd Euro adventure....surely dumping East Fife, QoS et al on a regular basis isn't too much to ask?

As a Dons fan my expectations are a top 6 finish, a cup semi final and two home wins against Rangers. Anything less than that makes the season a failure, anything more is a bonus. Also a nice to have is attractive football and some exciting young players in the first team.

Hodgson's record as Lpool manager: P31 W13 D9 L9.

Money spent by Hodgson as Lpool manager: £20 million

Dalglish's record as Lpool manager: P30 W15 D6 L9

Money spent by Dalglish as Lpool manager: £114 million

Andy Carroll has been looking hilariously shit as well. At least Torres looks like he's improving, Carroll looks like he's regressing.

Hodgson's record as Lpool manager: P31 W13 D9 L9.

Money spent by Hodgson as Lpool manager: £20 million

Dalglish's record as Lpool manager: P30 W15 D6 L9

Money spent by Dalglish as Lpool manager: £114 million

But Kenny is the King, apparently, so everything he does is untouchable, and cannot be questioned. He's buying for the future, but they are still capable of winning it all now. Didn't you know that?

Not sure when he became known as the king. I thought this fella was the only one known as the King

cantona%205th%20against%20forest1.jpg

Best man.

Nice to see a near full Saturday fixture list for both top leagues in England and Scotland for a change! The sun shines here in the International Republic of East Anglia and soon I shall venture out into the sunshine to watch Cambridge United v Darlington. We're 6 games unbeaten so happy with our start to the season. Conference is looking a tight affair this year but a long way to go!

Interesting stat comparing Dalglish and Hodgson!

Totally. And pleading to stay at United by offering to play for free, but when he was released, lambasting the medical staff for his ongoing injuries. Couldn't have been that bad if he was that desperate to stay. It was reported United spent close to £2.5 million on jetting him off to that Dr Steadman fella for treatment and operations over 3 years. Horrid bastards, eh?

Went up to watch the 1st round Scottish cup tie between Culter and Burntisland Shipyard and I must say it was a welcome bit of respite from following Aberdeen (although I had the commentary on the old wireless :().

Culter won 4-0, although it could have been 6 or 7. Burntisland had 2 players sent off late on.

All in all, a decent, entertaining game.

Roll on round 2! :D

Went up to watch the 1st round Scottish cup tie between Culter and Burntisland Shipyard and I must say it was a welcome bit of respite from following Aberdeen (although I had the commentary on the old wireless :().

Culter won 4-0, although it could have been 6 or 7. Burntisland had 2 players sent off late on.

If I hadn't bought a season ticket for Pittodrie I'd be considering a move to watching Banchory St. Ternan already.

Foster won't have done his doubters any good with another mistake costing a goal.

I've only been to about 3 Aberdeen games this season as I grudge paying £23 to get in, it's a total rip off. By the time you get a pie and maybe a program, you're looking at £30. You can't blame folk for turning their back on the SPL. I'll be at the Dunfermline game though. :eek:

Foster's been getting some stick on the forums but from what I gather he was the only midfielder interested in attacking today. I haven't seen it yet though.

I popped along too, 2 pretty poor teams but Culter were by far the better side.

The headcase Burntisland fans next to me were worth the £6 entry alone.....

Peter Crouch is a shit. How does he constantly get away with climbing defenders like a ladder, and pushing down on their shoulders as if he is dunking them under water in a swimming pool? He's fouling the defender before he even touches the ball, just about every time a cross comes in.

I do like Stoke and the way they play. Pulis is the man. Crouch though. Fuck that gangly prick.