aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Newcastle were very good. Don't think there's very much they can do about either of those goals. One is a speculative strike and the other was 4 against 3 on the counter. Tough breaks, but deserved. They had the better of the chances, but Newcastle matched them all over the pitch. Good game.

Fuck off City. They deserve the title overall, but I just cannot stand the thought of Carlos Tevez winning a trophy after the little pigshit cunt he's been all season. He should have seen out his contract cleaning the fucking toilets.

• Upvote 1

I'm so proud of us. I said to my flatmate in January that I'd take a 10th-place finish, so to be so far up the table at this stage of the season is just fantastic. Europa League or Champions League, I'll be delighted either way. It's been an amazing ride, either way.

I think he's played nine already so he'll get one anyway I think.

Looks like Arsenal and Spurs are doing their best to lose third as well.

I dunno, Spurs fought back from a man down and a goal down to draw (although they should've buried the game in the first half), i'd take that result. Who've Arsenal got on the last day?

He's more likely to play next week over any other striker, and it's still a must-win game for them. That'll take him up to 10. Even if he was on 9, special exceptions are made for players who are just short of 10 appearances all the time. Henrik Larsson got one for Man United as he was on 7 appearances.

It always used to be 10. Dunno if it's still like that though.

yeah thought it was something like 10 or so maybe a couple above although have some players not got some kind of special dispensation in the past? Although what on earth kind of argument could they give for Tevez? Being a moody moany over paid git?

I mind when the Invincibles were on the go, and Martin Keown kept being brought on in the last 5 as a striker to take his appearance count up to ten.

I dunno, Spurs fought back from a man down and a goal down to draw (although they should've buried the game in the first half), i'd take that result. Who've Arsenal got on the last day?

Took going a man and goal down to really get going though same as the Arsenal game.

West Brom away. Which is a horrible final game to have as its Roy's swansong.

Danny Mills is fucking awful. He did the co-com when the United/City game in the FA Cup was on telly. It was just incredible how an ex-professional could get paid to talk about a sport he doesn't know the rules of. Everything he said was just completely bonkers. And wrong, too.

Why is Shearer a commentator on MOTD? Seriously, there seems to be universal contempt for his dull, obvious, uninsightful 'punditry'. Who wants him on? Bring on De Canio!