aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Such a shame Man City have imploded so badly and the title race is almost all but over, sure United have had easier fixtures and some decisions go their way recently but City have looked out of sorts for ages now. Wouldn't surprise me if Mancini gets the boot in the summer.

Mancini has caused his own problems tho, the Tevez thing and Balioteli all season, its not just yesterday he has been a ticking time bomb since the first day of the season. Why he wasnt subbed yesterday ill never know, everyone could see he was contributing nothing and was going to be sent off, Aguero also needs a look at himself, did nothing but walk around the pitch moaning and grumping all game, he will be off back to Spain in the summer i think.

Football is funny, if you read the papers you would think City were close to going down this season, even 2nd is a great achievement for them, it takes years to build a championship winning team and more importantly, winning mentality. United do not have the best squad this season, City's is much stronger, but United have that mentality bread into them because they have been so successful for so long, the club thrives on winning City are yet to really experience that.

really cannot be assed going to Cambridge v Kettering this afternoon but will go anyways, they're already relegated and our former chairman is their chairman now and he's a dick so be nice to get one over on them. Plus am getting in for a fiver this afternoon!

Too many egos in the City squad, its all very well spunking money up the wall on whoever you like but they have to gel as a team. They looked so good for the title first half of the season and were playing some awesome football but once a few results didn't go their way they weren't up for the challenge simple as that.

Mancini is soft. He's got no spine or bollocks. The Tevez situation was aload of shite. You can't just not turn up for work. Refusing to go on the pitch is ridiculous, in a Champions League game at the bleedin' Allianz in City's first outing in the Champions League in this format. Disrespectful isn't even the word. Mancini dealt with it well at the time. He shunted all player power and told Tevez to get fucked, he'd never play for City again. 99% of teams would bend over backwards for their star. Look at Rooney. He said "I'm off" and United now pay him a million quid a month. I thought Mancini was brilliant throughout that whole situation actually. Then City realise they can't sell him because he's an odious little cunt, so Mancini puts him back into the frame, even though Tevez was still slagging off the team, and the way it was being run as well as Mancini himself. All is forgiven, and now Mancini's word means nothing. Then there's Balotelli, who is a liability, and a loose cannon. He could have been sent off twice in the first half, and Alex Song is very fortunate not to have had his leg bent in half. Balotelli got away with more than he got punished for yesterday, and City shouldn't have had 11 men on the pitch for as long as they did. It's not the first time Mario's gotten away with being a twat either, with the Scott Parker incident, which was pretty horrid, but he stayed on the pitch and scored the winning penalty. Now Mancini's saying Balotelli will never play for City again, which means fuck all, since he went back on his word with Tevez. Mario will be back for the derby, he'll break Michael Carrick's neck, get off with a warning, and score the winning goal. He seems to get away with being an erratic, violent and dangerous player, because off the pitch he's a "character". He's a fucking clown. He's got some sort of swagger that makes him believe he's one of the best in the world, but was has he achieved on the pitch? Fuck all.

Mancini's got no mettle. The players have no mettle. They've got the talent on paper to beat anyone, but if the players are soft, and the manager hasn't got the bollocks to deal with the pressures of a title race despite his club spending close to half a billion quid, then he's not the right man for the job. I used to quite like him, but he's starting to speak shite now that the pressure is on. He's recently been moaning how his squad isn't big enough to compete, despite the amount of money he's had to spend, he's bought individuals, not a squad. United's individuals may not compare on paper other than a select few, but look what happened to City when they lost 2 players to the ACN, Kompany to a suspension, and Silva to a 2 week injury. They stumbled. United had 13 players injured at one point, with Carrick playing centre back, Valencia at right back, Rooney in midfield, and Welbeck on the wing, and they still soldiered on. If City had have suffered 13 injuries to players considered first teamers, they would have been shot to pieces. They've been incredibly lucky to keep their squad as fit as they have done. I can't think of any long term absentees they've had, other than Kompany quite recently who missed 2 or 3 weeks. I don't think that even compares to Vidic being out for the season after only 6 games.

United have been slated all season and it seems to be being suggested they don't deserve the title because City and Spurs apparently play "better" football. I don't know what that even means. Surely winning football is the best football, no? If you lose your bottle with 8 games to go, you don't deserve to win anything.

• Upvote 7

Talking of throwing things away, now you mention Spurs. They don't deserve shit if they can't pull their act together and start winning again. Folk like Alan Hansen are idiots going on about them deserving a top 4 place because of how well they were playing before. I hope they finish as low as possible without going below Liverpool.

Soda has it spot on regarding City. As for Spurs they have imploded as well, I really hope Newcastle get fourth spot, Pardew has done a fantastic job there considering how their supporters were so underwhelmed with his appointment.

I don't think Capello getting sacked helped Spurs at all. Harry was all over the headlines, and none of it was to do with Tottenham. That lost a bit of focus for them I think, and alot of the players seemed unsettled by the prospect of losing the manager, who had been doing a great job. That was a bit harsh on them, but the FA seemed to step in and gag anyone from mentioning Harry and England in the same breath. I think they stepped in too late, and they also sacked Capello at the wrong time. If they are intent on leaving England without a manager until the end of the season, why didn't they just keep Capello in the job until the end of the season, instead of causing such a huge stir and putting so much unwanted attention onto Harry and Spurs. It was a bit unfair. Up until that point, they had a game in hand on United and looked like a reasonable candidate to push for second, or even the title, especially with the way they were playing. I don't think they would have done, but I think that chance was taken away from them by unsettling the manager and the players the way that the FA and the Media did.

If the Arabs ditched City, they would go bust almost immediately. They pay out twice the amount of their income in wages. They have no assets other than their players as they don't even own their ground. It would be absolute carnage. Leeds United almost went a similar way, but there was nowhere near the same amount of money being pumped in and out of that club. City being hung out to dry would be completely unsustainable with the billions of pounds that are involved with the club. City probably already have immediate emergency administrators lined up for when that day comes, just sat around doing shifts in a fire-station, waiting for the "We've been sold!!" alarm to go off. Then they'll slide down a pole, ram-raid their way through Manchester traffic and punt all the players out of the door for cut prices.

• Upvote 1