aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

what a super football day today for me, went to a pub near Woking's ground and watched Chelsea v Arsenal after a pie and chips lunch on a wall - the pub was full of gooners, not a Chelsea fan in sight! Then Cambridge won 6-2 against Hayes & Yeading to get in the first round draw for the FA Cup tomorrow! Bloody enjoying this season so far, might be our turn to get a nice little run in the cup though we'll see who we get tomorrow!

Guest Gladstone

Celtic are shit and Aberdeen didn't manage to piss on Rangers like some of my Dons supporting mates thought...

But nevermind that shit, the school team that I coach beat the neighbouring village 4-2 today. First time we've beat them since I took over a year ago. They have always been "the team to beat" - they win all the galas etc. etc. and my boys took them apart today. My brother coaches the other team too. Fucking get in...!

(I'm actually a very non-competitive coach at heart, but it still feels fucking good to finally get a win against them...!)

This could be a tough 2 or 3 weeks for the Dons with big players missing. Fallon banned......Jack banned.......Milsom injured.

I really like the look of our first choice 11, but it's not a big squad, and as soon as we pick up injuries, we need to start playing the likes of Mackie (who remains the luckiest man alive to be playing at this level)....and Clark, who I thought was total gash on Saturday. In fairness, Clark hasn't played a lot, so maybe just short of match practice....but he needs to get with the programme sharpish.

Agree on Considine though....superb game. He just seems to understand his own game better this season. Doing the basics well, and has mostly eradicated the clown-footed antics of previous years. Also slightly gay for Ricky Foster just now....I had major doubts about whether he was captaincy material. Happy to have been proved wrong. Leading by example. Top man.

• Upvote 1

i'm pretty sickened but not surprised that the press focus on the weekend was aberdeen fans cheering naismiths injury. with no context provided that does sound bad but he injured himself while assaulting rob milsom with a potential leg breaker of a tackle, of course we're not going to applaud the guy off the pitch. he should have been given a straight red as well.

the herald even managed to squeeze a reference to the simmy and durrant incident into their report on naismiths injury, as if it was aberdeen's fault he got injured! crazy!

It was a very reckless tackle. Could easily have torn his achilles which is a worse injury for a footballer than a small leg fracture.

Red card or not the way Naismith fell over looked like he tore his posterior cruciate to me so he probably won't play again until next summer.

You can tell what he's injured just by the way he fell over?

Talented loon!

I typed the wrong thing :p He wasn't twisting or turning so doubt it's a collateral ligament. Posterior cruciate is more common with a direct blow to the front of the knee as it controls backwards movement of the knee. If it was very swollen that hints to anterior too due to rupture of blood vessels when the anterior goes.

I'm kind of tempted to rewatch the highlights to look for this now. How sad is that? But running alone with no contact to me = ACL tear with maybe a bit of collateral ligament damage if he badly twisted his leg when he planted it and fell

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/15512952.stm

That's classic ACL. Milsom tackle was worse than I remember actually, just lucky Naismith didn't go in to the tackle harder or that could've been serious injury.

Guest Gladstone

Naismith is a little cunt. I don't wish injury on any player, ever. Saying that, if a player goes into a challenge like that, there is some karma involved when he fucks his cruciate ligament. I'm glad he got badly injured instead of the Dons player. What a prick.

It really pisses me off that he can't just get on with playing football. In the past year or so he's been one of Rangers' best players and has looked good in a few Scotland games. If he could stop being a whingy, moany little prick and not do stuff like in that picture above, he could be a really good player for Scotland and potentially be good enough to go elsewhere outside the SPL.

I like how Milsom gets up and walks off with no fuss...fucking nails! While it was a shocker I'm not so sure there was intention from Naismith. Seemed to be a reaction to the ball breaking away from him rather than trying to do the player in. A strikers tackle if ever I saw one.

Saying that, how a late, high tackle with a straight leg isn't worth a booking is beyond me.