aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Nah, if they're showing Sky TV it has to be the specific 'pub' subscription (as per Sky's terms and conditions), but if it's an alternative provider (such as foreign sat channels via some weird link) then there's no actual law that says pubs can't. Hence the ambiguity.

There was definitely a case recently where the landlady of a pub was showing similar at 3pm on a Saturday and it was ruled in her favour - as someone has said above, to do with European competition legislation.

Probably. I didn't think that there was an alternative for pubs to be honest. It all sounded really complicated when we were talking about it and possible consequences for the pubs.

Couldn't get my head round why a pub in Paisley would be showing Aberdeen v Hibs on a Saturday afternoon in an empty pub either! Haha.

giggs still has it, honestly the man is a freak of nature!!

From what I saw of the extended highlights, apart from the goal, he was a bit guff. Carrick has to go. He has had to go for about 2 years no, but now he really just has to go. Jonny Evans did a Jonny evans. Shame, after a few weeks of good form, like Evans of 2 years ago.

Lindegaaaaaaard looks tiptop.

From what I saw of the extended highlights, apart from the goal, he was a bit guff. Carrick has to go. He has had to go for about 2 years no, but now he really just has to go. Jonny Evans did a Jonny evans. Shame, after a few weeks of good form, like Evans of 2 years ago.

Lindegaaaaaaard looks tiptop.

Yeah he wasnt great, i didnt think the Man U midfield in general was that great last night, but to still be able to score a goal like that at 38 takes a special player. Your right Carrick must go, he is terrible and so slow. Evans was a bit exposed at the goal he should never be in a one on one situation on the edge of his box.

Guest Gladstone

So - is the Celtic match on TV of any sort tonight?

I suspect nobody will have risked paying the rights for a game that might not have gone ahead. Shame because for some ridiculous reason (unknown even to me) I think Celtic are going to go and win an away game in Europe tonight.

I don't think I have any logical explanation as to why I think that (I've just got a feeling...)

I didn't see any of the champions league this week or any footy at the weekend either. The season's only just begun. I should be sacrificing all my social life in order to watch every match possible. I'll need to sort it out this weekend. Sunday's premiership card looks very tasty. Anyway this week I'm just very grateful for the existence of footytube.

Guest Gladstone
No income tax ...... No V.A.T.... No moneyback..... No RFC.......Whyte and Bain they're all the same... The huns are going down the drain.... God bless Hookey St.....

Fit the fuck you spikin aboot min?

For anyone who doesn't follow Sammy Ameobi on Twitter can remedy this tragic misjudgement by following Sammy Ameobi on Twitter. He was born to entertain.

Can't wait for #fifa12 ...wonder if I'll look like the standard black guy they always produce for the lesser players lol

Why do people keep asking me whether I whiten my teeth? It's the mixture of scrubbing hard & contrast of me being black ppl!

Usually I'm not a bad flyer but last night the turbulence had me trippin...

TRIPPIN!

Fair result for Celtic tonight I say. Some of our play was okay - Forrest played alright in the first half and Ki was good in the second - but we didn't create chances and were just simply outclassed, particularly in midfield. We simply had no plan B, which became very evident when Athletico Madrid scored their second goal. A perfect example in the massive gap in class between a "top Scottish club" and a side who is consistency playing European football.

A mixed bag from the Dons today. Poor defending for Killie's goals - far too easy - but did well to get back into the game and could have won it. The referee had an odd day, I'd like to see a replay of the challenge on Fallon which got him booked for diving. Despite being possibly the slowest player in the SPL he showed enough today to suggest he'll be a good signing. Hopefully he can form a good partnership with one of the other strikers. Osborne was a beast in midfield. He seems to have enough football about him to compliment his bruising challenges. Milsom had a 'mare. Not sure what to make of Chalali, he'll probably need a period of getting used to the rough and tumble of the SPL. Seems a direct player which is promising.

A mixed bag from the Dons today. Poor defending for Killie's goals - far too easy - but did well to get back into the game and could have won it. The referee had an odd day, I'd like to see a replay of the challenge on Fallon which got him booked for diving. Despite being possibly the slowest player in the SPL he showed enough today to suggest he'll be a good signing. Hopefully he can form a good partnership with one of the other strikers. Osborne was a beast in midfield. He seems to have enough football about him to compliment his bruising challenges. Milsom had a 'mare. Not sure what to make of Chalali, he'll probably need a period of getting used to the rough and tumble of the SPL. Seems a direct player which is promising.

Pen shout looked stonewall to me. Second Killie in goal in particular was a shocker from us. Mawene was fucking awful in the first half, but upped his game in the 2nd. Bringing Pawlett on second half made the difference for me. Gave us some directness, and there was less of the ineffectual tippy-tappy "passing in a phone-box" shite which plagued the first half. Generally, we need to get better at converting possession into attacks. We just seem clueless how to go forward at times. That said, good fightback....Foster had another decent game. Not everything he does is coming off....but he's definitely trying to lead by example, so hats off to him.

Fallon and Chalali obviously need some time, but the latter looked pretty underwhelming. Fingers crossed it's just an issue of acclimatisation to the SPL. Vernon and Fallon in the second half must be the slowest front pair in SPL history.

Barcelona are giving Osasuna a right good shellacking tonight. 8-0 at the moment.

I take absolutely no joy whatsoever in watching them mutilate teams like this.

It was certainly much more uncomfortable to watch than Arsenal's mauling a couple of weeks back, but some of the goals were a magnificent. Especially Fabregas' volley, though it was awful defending for just about every single one. Awful officiating too. So many clear as day offsides which weren't called against Barca. It realistically could have been 15-0, but they seemed to hit the woodwork a bunch of times. Barca stopped celebrating at 3-0. Not only does it look effortless, but they seem to already have the mentality that they know it's going to be effortless. They don't even line up with a proper back 4, and they seem to be dropping Busquets in favour of 3 attacking midfielders. It's getting ridiculous.

It's strange how such impeccable, dominant football can be so unentertaining to watch. I think we all know they are incredible and we are bored of them being incredible. I hope Madrid kick lumps out of them, whenever the next Clasico is.