aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Sneijder said last week he hadn't spoken to either Manchester club, and now today, once the window is closed, he said he had spoken to United, but "lots of things" made the deal not go through. I'm glad the transfer window is closed. It should only open for one week in January and again in July, then thats your lot. No fannying about for nearly 4 months. This summer involved alot of fannying about. Sneijder and Modric specifically. Fabregas and Nasri did a bit of fannying too.

there's very little logical argument against summer football. the only one is footballers like their summer holiday, which is a crock of shit. footballers would, like most of us, prefer 2 weeks somewhere sunny during our shit winters.

it would mean we could sell it to sky when there's no premiership football on too so hopefully more interest in the game from broadcasters.

anyway, we're already a joke league. no harm in trying summer football to see if it makes a difference. the only real issue is how to implement it; perhaps staggered implementation, so bringing the season forward a few weeks at a time so that the players don't have a super long season one year.

Sneijder said last week he hadn't spoken to either Manchester club, and now today, once the window is closed, he said he had spoken to United, but "lots of things" made the deal not go through. I'm glad the transfer window is closed. It should only open for one week in January and again in July, then thats your lot. No fannying about for nearly 4 months. This summer involved alot of fannying about. Sneijder and Modric specifically. Fabregas and Nasri did a bit of fannying too.

On the money. transfer windows are just shit.

Sky Sports News can fuck off with their pretend excitement.

Remember the glory days of picking up a newspaper to find out your club had signed a new player? Nostalgia and refusing to change with the times! YEAH!

I know. Now we get hour by hour updates of

Agent says there has been no contact >>> Player states desire to leave >>> Club states player is not for sale >>> other club says "We don't want him anyway" >>> Player rumoured to be having medical >>> Agent calls bullshit >>> Player no longer wants to leave. Signs 10 year contract and takes paycut to prove loyalty >>> Player wants to leave again >>> Clubs contact. talks break down.

Repeat, all summer long until the window shuts. Then the papers will no doubt say "Sneijder to United in January. He decided he hates Milan and loves the rain"

And Sky yesterday said, hold on exciting news for man u fans coming up. and then never mentioned it again. lying fucks.

Yeah, it was because there was a strong rumour from a usually reliable source that Sneijder was in Manchester. Turned out to be bogus as footage was submitted of him training with the Dutch squad. So Sky just thought everyone would forget.

They brought it up a little bit later and said it was that United had posted profits of 100m or something. That's not exciting. What a con.

Guest Gladstone

BBC Sport - England would not have won World Cup under Ferguson - Neville

Good to see someone from the England camp actually admit they haven't won stuff due to not being good enough technically.

This quote deserves a separate mention (and possibly it's own thread it's that good):

The analogy I use is if a man takes a woman out 85 times and then she's not your girlfriend at the end of it' date=' you've wasted a lot of time.[/quote']

Am I the only one who thinks this might actually have happened to Gary Neville?

Guest Gladstone
gay pics of Gary Nev

I wasn't bad mouthing the man - just his ugly face.

I will bad mouth him if you like though...

He was a twat for a couple of years at United. I think he spat the dummy when his best mate Dave moved away. That season (it may have been over a couple of seasons, but it all merges into one) when he took a dive in the box, and didn't get a penalty and threw a tantrum (slapping the ground, starting on folk), celebrating in front of the Liverpool fans, volleying the ball into Everton fans (when he was about to take a throw-in) was brilliant.

Guest Gladstone

Team to face the Czech Republic: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison, Miller.

EDIT: And Cech is out. I've no idea who or how good their sub goalie is, but he can't be as good as Cech. Let's employ the Harry Rednapp school of football.

"SHOOT!"

That's a pretty strong team actually. Is this on Sky tomorrow?

Is the England game on normal TV tonight?

Team to face the Czech Republic: McGregor, Hutton, Caldwell, Berra, Bardsley, Naismith, Fletcher, Adam, Brown, Morrison, Miller.

EDIT: And Cech is out. I've no idea who or how good their sub goalie is, but he can't be as good as Cech. Let's employ the Harry Rednapp school of football.

"SHOOT!"

That's a pretty strong team actually. Is this on Sky tomorrow?

Is the England game on normal TV tonight?

England, Wales, Ireland, NI are on Sky Sports 1-4 tonight.

Guest Gladstone
England, Wales, Ireland, NI are on Sky Sports 1-4 tonight.

Bastard - I've ditched the Sky package...

Presumably Scotland is on Sky the morn? I'll need to organise a venue to watch that seeing as we're going to win 3-0 (all 3 goals 50 yard screamers from Charlie Adam's left boot).

Here is a good Aberdeen quiz. Me and my step-da got 75/117. Not too bad but some missed some real obvious ones...

Can you name the Aberdeen Players 2000-2009? by KevinMillar3 | Online Games & Trivia by Sporcle

I'll put the ones we missed in a spoiler if somebody tells me how you do them?

Got 67 on my own and whilst answering questions about work. Pretty hard to remember all the youth players who played once or twice. Great way to get nearer 5pm on a Friday :up:

Got 67 on my own and whilst answering questions about work. Pretty hard to remember all the youth players who played once or twice. Great way to get nearer 5pm on a Friday :up:

The two i was proudest of was Michael Lombardi and Stephen Tarditi. Im pretty sure they only played one game each. The only way i remembered them was from Champ Man though.

why does Brown get a game for Scotland? I have no idea how that guy has played football at the level he has for so long; completely flatters to decieve. You could stick him in a Caley Thistle or a Dunfermline and he wouldn't make a blind bit of difference....

When we play with 5 in midfield it gives him further excuse to hide and do fuck all too

:(