aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Holy Aberdeen Football Club. *shakes head*

I stuck 20 quid on Hearts pre-match, PLEASING.

Went to Links Park this arvo after the cricket got cannned, also very pleasing! Elgin aren't quite as bad as a 3-0 cuffing says, but were horribly wasteful in front of goal today.

Result from TFS: not pleasing.....

11th in the SPL after 4 games. Pre-season optimism well and truly shattered.

Home to Caley next week should hopefully 3 points but typically we slog through boring 0-0 draws at home with Caley so not holding out too much hope. Then a nice easy trip away to Ibrox the following week, then away to Hibs. Ooh.

11th in the SPL after 4 games. Pre-season optimism well and truly shattered.

Home to Caley next week should hopefully 3 points but typically we slog through boring 0-0 draws at home with Caley so not holding out too much hope. Then a nice easy trip away to Ibrox the following week, then away to Hibs. Ooh.

Why "should" it be three points? We haven't scored a single goal so far or even looked like it, wouldn't surprise me if ICT sneaked a 1 or 2-0.

Not having a pop btw, Ryan. I just think we are really going to struggle this season. Optimism hasn't drained yet, will see who we get in before the window shuts. If we haven't found a suitable replacement for Aluko or Maguire by then, or by say 10 games we're still lingering around 11th, then I will start to shit myself a little.

With Tokely suspended, we now only have 4 available defenders. Thankfully the 4 available are the best partnership in my opinion; Tokely has been really poor, so this break could give us a solid defence for the next few matches.

Our midfield is by far an away our strongest point. In the middle Tansey (turned down Liverpool a few seasons back), is a fantastic signing and Owain Tudor Jones is a massive improvement on Russell Duncan! On the wings Doran and Hayes could walk into almost any SPL team.

Unfortunately we haven't really replaced Rooney. Foran and Tade haven't worked as a partnership. I can only hope that Billy McKay (signed from Northampton in summer) can get fit and fill the void.

Gervinho has looked really good at least.

I agree. It was really good when he slapped Barton and got sent off. I'm glad Arsenal exist. Their constant self destruction is just a joy to watch. I think Spurs or Liverpool will pip them to the 4th spot.

Ramsey is a tidy player though. No need to replace Fabregas like-for-like with Wilshere and Ramsey in there. Bring in a hard bastard instead.

Wigan have got lots of players (and a manager) that I like, but I've got so much hate for them as a team. Not feeling that #DUH NUH NUH NUH# chant when they score a goal. I didn't care for that when it got introduced in rugby league either. So, stop it.

Best part of this weekend was having Mick McCarthy back on the telly. I wish he could do the post match interviews for every game of the weekend. Even the ones he's not involved in. Especially the ones he's not involved in.

oh, apparently we're getting leigh griffiths on loan. that'd do!

(according to dundee fans who spoke to him at the dundee game yesterday and the scotland on sunday and herald)

That'd be a good signing and could work well with a big target man feeding him (Vernon? Maggennis?). I'd be surprised if he did sign on loan for Aberdeen, as Mick said he'd prefer him to go on loan in England.

Either way, gonna hold off signing him until the ICT game is out of the way? Ta :love:

That'd be a good signing and could work well with a big target man feeding him (Vernon? Maggennis?). I'd be surprised if he did sign on loan for Aberdeen, as Mick said he'd prefer him to go on loan in England.

Either way, gonna hold off signing him until the ICT game is out of the way? Ta :love:

hehe, may not happen but frankly i'm hoping we sign him and an ace winger to rip you apart :)

liam mcloud saying it's not happening on twitter but we'll see how it pans out. would be a great signing.

I don't think we'll go down. we just really really really really need to sign a forward, it's getting stupid now.

I'm not too ashamed at losing 3-0 to hearts. good side, who despite their troubles will probably have a good season.

This is sense.

Aberdeen were never likely to win yesterday, and that's not me being my usual pessimistic self. It's simple: Hearts are a club with, on average, better players than Aberdeen. Older players. More experienced players. And dare I say it: hungrier players. I almost went to the game, but I'm glad I got real and resisted the temptation.

Aberdeen will be in the bottom six this season, but despite their opening troubles, I don't see them being relegated. If the talk of Leigh Griffiths rings true, then he'd be a solid addition to the squad; offering a touch more balance to the forward line and allowing Brown to utilise a more dynamic and expansive forward line with the combination of Vernon and Griffiths, with Mackie available to offer some more pace on top of Griffiths'. Not that I feel Aberdeen suit a front three, but it gives Brown that option of two speed-merchants playing off a robust front man.

I'm just ignoring Magennis because he's ding.

Watching Real rip Barca a new arsehole at the moment. Barca have touched the ball once in the first ten mins. No exaggeration. What with Coentrao coming in and Benzema finally looking like the player he was in France, I think Real could be in with a shot of winning everything this season. They scored something ridiculous like 27 goals in pre-season. Mourinho's had time with the squad and it shows. No more naive defending followed by balls out attack, everything is more calculated now.

1-0 real. Ozil from Benzema. Deserved.