aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

yeah I misread the BBC website, can't even get online commentary, just reading the text coverage and Rangers have had a man sent off!

No the real season starts with Cambridge United against Wrexham at the Racecourse Ground on 13 August although Wrexham in some serious financial poo poo and it's rumoured the game might not go ahead!

yeah I misread the BBC website, can't even get online commentary, just reading the text coverage and Rangers have had a man sent off!

No the real season starts with Cambridge United against Wrexham at the Racecourse Ground on 13 August although Wrexham in some serious financial poo poo and it's rumoured the game might not go ahead!

Once your team appears on the football league show, I'll agree with you about when the season starts.

Europa league.

Looks like Rangers were the better team from what I've seen.

Two good goals.

As for some of Rangers conduct tonight, I would not be suprised to see a fine for some of the unsporting behaviour.

Whittaker was very silly, Bougherra lead with his hand with clear intent. I don't even think he was using it for jumping.

Naismith was lucky after booting the ball off a player with intent too.

In injury time McGregor lunged for the ball with a karate kick that nobody made any issue of. Looked like a needless and dangerous lash out to me.

Although he did get the ball it was leg straight and studs out for it.

Christ on a bike how ridiculous was Whittaker's sending off? The club should fine him a month's wages for that moment of madness which went had a big hand in helping get his club get dumped out the Champions (and 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th placed) League. He should be ashamed of himself, utterly needless, so early in the game as well. Anyways is the Scottish standard so pish nowadays they have to enter at such an early stage? And they only have one team in it now? Oh well trips to Easten European sides no-ones heard of or can even pronounce for the huns. They may get a glamour tie against Fulham or Stoke should they progress tomorrow night! Or even Birmingham when they enter!

Christ on a bike how ridiculous was Whittaker's sending off? The club should fine him a month's wages for that moment of madness which went had a big hand in helping get his club get dumped out the Champions (and 2nd, 3rd and sometimes 4th placed) League. He should be ashamed of himself, utterly needless, so early in the game as well. Anyways is the Scottish standard so pish nowadays they have to enter at such an early stage? And they only have one team in it now? Oh well trips to Easten European sides no-ones heard of or can even pronounce for the huns. They may get a glamour tie against Fulham or Stoke should they progress tomorrow night! Or even Birmingham when they enter!

Whittaker did the same thing (albeit he booted it rather than threw it) at Chris Maguire last season. The referee did nothing, despite it occurring right under his nose.

Bottom line: it was not a moment of madness; Whittaker did it because no Scottish ref would punish him for it.

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing them penalised for some absurd challenges last night. They behaved no worse than they do every week domestically, but this time they got two red cards and five (?) cautions. And the ref certainly was lenient towards McCulloch, MacGregor and Naismith; it was two reds going on five.

To be fair to Bougherra, at least this time he didn't try to pull the ref's hand down in the pathetic hope that the red wouldn't count...

Naismith grabbed the referee's shoulder at the McCulloch booking incident, and was lucky that the ref just shook him off and gave him a look

I've always been bitter towards the Old Firm, in particular Rangers. However, I wasn't glad to see them exit the competition last night due to their unsporting and pugnacious antics - I am glad because they just simply are not strong enough to be in the group stages of the Champions League. There are so many flaws in the current Rangers team, and they're just not good enough to be competing at that level and reaping the rewards and benefits that are associated with it.

The only small issue I have with them exiting the competition already is that they will now be exonerated from further hilarious embarrassment at the hands of supposedly "inferior" opposition. I fucking love seeing Rangers get shat on in Europe. Love it.

Anyone who argues "But they are representing the whole of Scotland - you should lend them your support" should just fuck right off.

Glasgow Rangers Football Club do not represent Scottish football in any way. They represent misguided right-wing politics and the lowest common denominator.

Fuck you, Rangers. You are not "The People".