aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Are Tevez, Sneijder, Modric and Nasri fucking off yet? Time seems to move in super slow motion over the summer. All these "talks" and stuff. How long does it take to say "I'm off" or "We'll buy him. How much?"

Summer is stupid.

I hate this part of the summer, the same news stories AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. Two weeks off for holidays, then straight back into it I say.

Sneijder is a knob. Saying he'll only move to United if "God decides". What's with all the mental god botherers is football?

He doesn't want to leave. Inter don't want to sell. Forget it. Hassle Arsenal for Nasri. He wants to leave, and he'll go for free if they don't sell now. If Wenger keeps him and loses him for free next year just to spite his Premier League rivals, and lose a possible 20-25million, I reckon the board would come down on him pretty hard.

Wenger out. Dixon in.

Hassle Arsenal for Nasri. He wants to leave, and he'll go for free if they don't sell now. If Wenger keeps him and loses him for free next year just to spite his Premier League rivals, and lose a possible 20-25million, I reckon the board would come down on him pretty hard.

Wenger out. Dixon in.

There has been no real announcement that Nasri wants to leave the club. And in terms of selling to a rival, Arsenal asked for 25mil instead of the 20mil manure offered, which is fair enough. Although, I question if SAF really had any intent on signing him rather than just a plot to unsettle the player further.

And Wenger is on the last year of his contract, so he will need to pull something out of the bag this season.

This is pretty cool... New York Cosmos are re-launching as a team, Cantona on board. Of course it's all a marketing ploy, etc but I'm totally nipping down to the pop-up store after work tonight to grab some of the blackout themed clothes.

The Beautiful Gear Umbro New York Cosmos Blackout Collection

Edit: that site is pretty good for nice footie clobber

There has been no real announcement that Nasri wants to leave the club. And in terms of selling to a rival, Arsenal asked for 25mil instead of the 20mil manure offered, which is fair enough. Although, I question if SAF really had any intent on signing him rather than just a plot to unsettle the player further.

And Wenger is on the last year of his contract, so he will need to pull something out of the bag this season.

No real announcement, but he has said he is disappointed not to be winning trophies, commenting on the lack of quality signings and he is also completely refusing to sign a new contract, despite being offered Fabregas' salary. You don't really have to say "I wan't to leave" when all those pieces fall together.

Can't really agree that Fergie bidding 20million for a player with 12 months left on his contract was merely to unsettle a player. That's just bonkers. It's pretty obvious he's in the market to sign a midfielder considering Scholes and Hargreaves have just left, and that's a pretty fair price for a player who still hasn't strung more than 4 or 5 months of good form together in 3 years, and could leave for free next summer.

He seems quite appreciative of young Chicarito's public worship. Everything went right for him last year. Apart from the CL final but then Messi is quite a god fan as well.

God must have something against Kaka. He loves God more than anyone but has been sent to be a crocked Madrid reserve for a couple of years.

Any other Dons fans reckon our signings so far look like just the ticket!? Only 1 tricky forward required to make a damned fine team. My fiver on the Dons for the league doesn't look so daft (well...not quite as daft, maybe).

I'm quietly optimistic that we've made some good signings. They all seem to have experience at a decent level and are at ages where they should still have some of their best football in them.

However last August I left Pittodrie after seeing us beat Hamilton 4-0 and I was pretty certain we would win the league.....

I'm going to be in Aberdeen for a few weeks next month. I'm looking forward to getting to a couple of games.