aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

I don't get these types of fans. Surely the fact that Foster now has Champions League experience and an SPL winners medal is good experience for him and also for the team. If he'd been sold to Rangers and come back with his tail between his legs after a shite season then i would expect a bit of apprehension.

Aberdeen are short of players that are experienced at higher levels than the SPL so i'd be glad he's come back at all if i supported AFC.

Aye but hes been at the fuckin scum huns in my oppinion he should fuck of back to the sectarien biggets. he should of said no to going there in the first place im not going back to pitodrie untill hes been sacked cmon milne put youre hands in youre pockets and pay of the rest off his contract fucking scum

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan fraaaaaay warrava ya may bee

weee arra famis AH BA DEE

doh gi FAH

Revva you ma baaaaaah

weee arra famis AH BA DEE

Did they win? And more importantly. Did they sign anyone before, during, or after the game? In July, I don't care much for results. Just big money.

They won 3-0 on aggregate with a no score draw last night. Next up for them is Crusaders of Northern Ireland.

Looks like they're about to sign John Arne Riise from Roma.

They won 3-0 on aggregate with a no score draw last night. Next up for them is Crusaders of Northern Ireland.

Looks like they're about to sign John Arne Riise from Roma.

He's one of those players that I swear has been playing football for about 30 years but doesn't seem to have gotten any older. Him and Zenden. Zenden must be in his 70s by now.

Fulham fans bloody hate JA Riise because him pulling out of signing for them 10 years or so ago at his mum (who was also his agent)'s behest.

All kinds of mummy's boy jokes and songs.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW AMIRITE?

They like his brother who plays for them now though. It's all in the fambly.

Fulham fans bloody hate JA Riise because him pulling out of signing for them 10 years or so ago at his mum (who was also his agent)'s behest.

All kinds of mummy's boy jokes and songs.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW AMIRITE?

JOOHNN ARNE RIISE, I WANNA KNOWWWWW-OH-OH-OH-OH-OHH, HOW YOU BROKE HIS LEG

Best immediate chant.

Is Dwight Yorke retired? I'd definitely expect him to be picking up a nice pay packet in Saudi Arabia or somewhere.

His last club was Sunderland, where he retired in 2009. There was an interview with him a couple of years ago in one of the red tops around the time Roy Keane left Sunderland. Yorke said he'd texted Roy Keane saying something along the lines of "Thankyou for everything. Best wishes for the future" to which KEANO replied with "Go fuck yourself". Amazing. Love Roy Keane. What an absolutely horrible human being. Football needs more massive twats.

Yorke is a sporadic pundit on Sky Sports these days, sporting such ensembles as this:

20110116-055425-328x300.jpg

The guy is an absolute lunatic.

Since Paul Scholes retired, he's gone from being one of the quietest, most humble men in football to being a bit of a gobshite. He's starting slagging off Arsenal and now England. Calling Arsenal "pointless" in an interview last week was just smashing. What a shit-stirrer. He seems to be talking to the papers every week about something or other. I think he's realised he missed a trick whilst he was a player, and being a cunt to the press is a right laugh. I hope he turns football into some kind of professional wrestling-like slag-off, whereby opposing teams take turns to trash talk each other before a big game.

"This weekend at Super Sunday, we'll be taking you dowwwwwwn towwwwwwn!"

Or something. I#m still a bit drunk from last night.

woo hoo Cambridge United start their pre season with a trip to the mighty Biggleswade Town on Saturday! I'm fully charged for another season of disappointment but at least this time round nothing is expected of the team for a change. It's tough being a big fish in a small pond... no actually it's shite.

ICT Pre Season results:

From most recent to earliest...

Yeovil Town (League 1) 2 - ICT 4

Livingston (SFL 1) 1- ICT 1

Elgin City (SFL 3) 0 - ICT 3

Forres Mechanics (HL) 0 - ICT 7

Clach (HL?) 0 - ICT 2

Got Bristol Rovers (L2) and Aldershot Town (L2) tonight and saturday. With a charity match against Buckie Thistle on Tuesday.

Delighted to read on Twitter that Aaron Doran has signed again, with him turning down Aberdeen and the like to sign permanently. Looked VERY good last season when on loan from Blackburn and with Hayes he could really cause problems in the SPL. We've also signed Billy McKay from Northampton Town (he scored in the win v. Liverpool) who is a wee nippy striker that NTFC fans are gutted is leaving.

Disappointed that Tade, Cox, Sutherland, Meekings are all injured and missing pre-season; as the squad is still a little light. Another defender or two signed up though and we'll be good for the new season.

woo hoo Cambridge United start their pre season with a trip to the mighty Biggleswade Town on Saturday! I'm fully charged for another season of disappointment but at least this time round nothing is expected of the team for a change. It's tough being a big fish in a small pond... no actually it's shite.

I have to admit I chuckled when I saw on the Beeb website that you'd signed a striker called Michael Gash! For the second time too, hah.

Thistle have been pretty rank pre-season, lost 1-0 going on 6 or 7 at Stephen Craigan's testy last night, there's a Sellick hotchpotch XI visiting on Saturday. Great.....