aberdeen-music

Bedford Records Release Party: The Deportees + Support @ The Tunnels - 17th June

Hi guys,

We are holding a party on Friday 17th June to celebrate the release of The Deportees new single I Lost Her To The Sea/When The Roses Bloom Again (to be released on 4 July)

Describing their music as a bit folk, a bit rock, a bit country and a bit pop, the Aberdeen quintet aim to make romantic, but not sentimental music that is as much informed by contemporary Americana and indie-rock as it is by the timelessness of Celtic folk.

Also on the bill are Forres indie-popsters Be Like Pablo and our very own Steven Milne (with full band in tow), while DJs from the label will ensure things go on way past bedtime.

Friday 17th June

@ The Tunnels

8pm doors (open till 3am)

5.00 ticket

THE DEPORTEES

BE LIKE PABLO

STEVEN MILNE (band)

+ DJs till 3am

Tickets :

TicketWeb

• 2 weeks later...
Hullo!

254462_10150273201501280_363593341279_9308799_6006550_n.jpg

That looks like a proper physical thing! Call me old fashioned but I'm getting fed up of looking for new releases by hot new bands only to discover they're just downloads. It's just not the same and I mainly still resist the urge!

So. I'll be bying this one.

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately Adam K. has acute laryngitis and has completely lost his voice, so on his doctors strict orders, The Deportees will sadly not be able to perform tonight. Their debut single, "I Lost Her To The Sea" will still be played over the P.A. throughout the night and available for purchase at our merch stand (with some of the band present to sign CDs).

We still have a killer line-up including the most excellent Be Like Pablo &Steven Milne along with The Bedford Dj's all the way through until 3am so come join us (and the healthy members of The Deportees) as we have a lot to celebrate after months of hard work getting this single ready for release.

We will be reducing the door price to 4 to reflect this change to the line-up and will be re-arranging a Deportees show in the very near future which will be FREE for anyone at the show tonight. Just ask for your ticket at the front desk.

Iain, Steve and The Deporteam

Guest Gladstone
Unfortunately Adam K. has acute laryngitis and has completely lost his voice, so on his doctors strict orders, The Deportees will sadly not be able to perform tonight. Their debut single, "I Lost Her To The Sea" will still be played over the P.A. throughout the night and available for purchase at our merch stand (with some of the band present to sign CDs).

We still have a killer line-up including the most excellent Be Like Pablo &Steven Milne along with The Bedford Dj's all the way through until 3am so come join us (and the healthy members of The Deportees) as we have a lot to celebrate after months of hard work getting this single ready for release.

We will be reducing the door price to 4 to reflect this change to the line-up and will be re-arranging a Deportees show in the very near future which will be FREE for anyone at the show tonight. Just ask for your ticket at the front desk.

Iain, Steve and The Deporteam

Fuck dude - just saw that on Facebook. That sucks a lot of balls. :down:

Hopefully he's better soon so you guys can launch the single properly.

Absolutely devastated by this; unfortunately Adam cant even talk, much less sing.

Still, Steven Milne + Band and Be Like Pablo is a cracking lineup regardless (and one that we hand-picked to complement the night, which makes this even more gutting!). We are still launching the single so please, everyone, let's make a helluva night of it!