aberdeen-music

We Will Rock You

jester1470

Anyone going to see this at the Theatre, I;ve been tempted to go see it every time I've been to London so when they announced it here it was a no brainer, everyone I know who's been says it's excellent so being a Queen fan well worth a shot. I know many people here mock things like it, but I'm looking forward to it and have been reliably informed there will be a special guest or two on the first night :)

Now, now Hog, one person's comments on a message board are hardly going to upset me or change my mind, to my mind Elton wrote the Young Ones, Filthy, rich and Catflap, Blackadder, and the much underated Thin Blue Line, he may be a cunt but he's got a great track record.

As for Queen, the first band I really ever got into and still one of my favourites, they did some shit but any band with that many albums doesnt hit gold every time, Brian May's still an amazing guitarist, Freddie was still one of the best rock vocalists ever imo and I still love them, the chance to see the musical and Brian May coming out and doing a few tracks makes me happy, end of :)

Guest Gladstone
Yeh, it is really good, i saw it in London a few years back.

Really well put together.

Some people will love it or hate it i guess, but then if they hate Queen they aren't really gonna give it a chance.

Same for me.

I thought it was pretty good.

Someone should tell Ben Elton.

Why ? Queen as a band arent in it, it's only the songs and they were written up to 40 years ago, that's like saying the Return to the Forbidden Planet musical shouldnt be ever done because some of the people who sang those songs are dead, but the Return to the Forbidden planet musical is excellent !

Also small trivia fact, although it is always stated as Brian May, Roger Taylor and Ben Elton behind it,. there is a fourth producer, Robert De Niro was one of the first producers of the show. Anyway I'll go, and I'll probably enjoy it, my brother has seen it at least once, possibly twice and he really rated it so well worth a punt being that he's not a Queen fan and usually isnt interested in things like that.

Now, now Hog, one person's comments on a message board are hardly going to upset me or change my mind, to my mind Elton wrote the Young Ones, Filthy, rich and Catflap, Blackadder, and the much underated Thin Blue Line, he may be a cunt but he's got a great track record.

As for Queen, the first band I really ever got into and still one of my favourites, they did some shit but any band with that many albums doesnt hit gold every time, Brian May's still an amazing guitarist, Freddie was still one of the best rock vocalists ever imo and I still love them, the chance to see the musical and Brian May coming out and doing a few tracks makes me happy, end of :)

In all seriousness, I can't deny Queens song writing abilities and talent. Way better than a lot the shite you hear in the charts today.

Not a fan of musicals in general so I won't attend...

I quite like some of Queen's stuff but have never found this musical too appealing.

Ben Elton may have been involved in some decent comedies in the past but that doesn't make him a non-c**t, in a similar fashion to Metallica making some decent songs but Lars Ulrich generally being a bit of a c**t. Although he did give good comedy in that film. And he has a cool Dad who looks like a Middle Earth wizard.

Guest B. Arthur
Of course the internet being known as a place where people shy away from easy jokes and stick to cutting satire of the highest wit.

Just because 'they' do, doesnt mean you have to as well.