aberdeen-music

Wanted: Gibson Guitar (Les Paul?)

givemeasmile

Hi everyone,

Looking to invest in a Gibson of some sort.

Looking for a Les Paul really, but can't afford one of the high end ones, been looking at studios and had a shot of one the other day, really liked it.

Melody makers are pretty cool and I wouldn't pass up on an SG. Let me know what you have.

I have a japan thinline tele for sale here if you're interested in a swap deal of some sort.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/65116-sale-fender-japan-thinline-telecaster-chorus-pedal.html#post901511

Thanks

Daryl

Hi everyone,

Looking to invest in a Gibson of some sort.

Looking for a Les Paul really, but can't afford one of the high end ones, been looking at studios and had a shot of one the other day, really liked it.

Melody makers are pretty cool and I wouldn't pass up on an SG. Let me know what you have.

I have a japan thinline tele for sale here if you're interested in a swap deal of some sort.

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/equipment/65116-sale-fender-japan-thinline-telecaster-chorus-pedal.html#post901511

Thanks

Daryl

SG's are superb, but even they are getting pricey.

Save up for a Les Paul - it's the way to go!

any of you guys gona sell me a gibson? you could PM each other y'know

Sorry for hijacking yr thread.

I have a very nice Gibson 339 but I don't think it's what you're looking for and anyway I'm not looking to sell. In fact I'm looking for a short-scale, humbucker guitar myself, kinda have it narrowed down to a PRS DGT or Singlecut or a Les Paul Axcess.

Son Henry, don't know what it weighs but surely 4 x 10 isn't going to be light? I was thinking of a Deluxe Reverb or maybe a Vibrolux, something a bit more portable than my Music Man 65 (which isn't all that heavy itself, to be honest).

I know the Bassmans are legendary amps but I don't know too much more about them tbh. And I'd have to buy a cab.

Congrats. :) More details please.

I'm not particularly looking to sell mine for what it is it is probably the "best" guitar I own. The music I'm playing mostly these days (country) just doesn't really lend itself to the Lester though, shame to have it sitting in a cupboard.

It's a red studio custom with silver hardware and white volume nobs/scratchplate looks pretty sweet. I know its not a standard but a step in the right direction I guess, besides I managed to wing it for like 490 bucks so I'm sure I'll profit on it even if i dont like it

Sweet. The Studios are good guitars - the construction is basically the same as the Standards (or whatever they call them these days), mainly just cheaper aesthetics, no flame top or binding etc. Different pickups too but the pickups in the Studio are good in their own right.