aberdeen-music

Band name dilemma

GraemeC

I am currently rehearsing with a new band lineup, we are a five piece covers band planning on doing some pub gigs, we are getting close to being gig ready and heres the problem... we thought we'd come up with a decent band name but our female singer thinks its naff.

Should we...

A. give her a good kicking until she agrees to the name

B. let her come up with something really girly and naff and probably Italian

C. give her a good kicking until she agrees to the name

G...

I am currently rehearsing with a new band lineup, we are a five piece covers band planning on doing some pub gigs, we are getting close to being gig ready and heres the problem... we thought we'd come up with a decent band name but our female singer thinks its naff.

What's the band name?

Or... come up with another name?

I am currently rehearsing with a new band lineup, we are a five piece covers band planning on doing some pub gigs, we are getting close to being gig ready and heres the problem

Start a thread on aberdeen-music to create some publicity and then stick with the name you've got.

:up:

The best way to pick a band name is to chose the name first and recruit people later.

:up:

"Hey, Lucas. I've decided I'm going to start a band."

"The first thing you need is a name. Then you'll know what kind of band you've got."

"Right, right. I was thinking about, um, Marc. How does that sound?"

"Is that with a C or with a K?"

"Well my name is with a K, so I was thinking my band's name could be with a C. That way it's kind of that psychedelic, you know, trip thing?"

"Always play with their minds..."

• Upvote 1

Honestly, if a band member thinks the name is shit then bail on it.

Noone wants to be stuck in a band they are embarrassed to name. It makes you less interested in the whole project IMO.

Plus if only 4/5ths of the band think it's passable then odds are it's a fairly gash name.

Use BigBad & The Wlves, that's fucking ACE!

xx

Looks like we have a winner.

Weel done Tam O'Shantie!!!

I could barely believe what I was hearing when Big G came out with it a practice last night and everyone said "AYE!"

Thank fuck for that!

So nobody was interested in Captain FuckKnuckle and the Pink Oboe Orchestra? Shame :(