aberdeen-music

YOUTH MOVIE SOUNDTRACK STRATEGIES, REDJETSON & DEDALUS, 18TH AUG

Dizzy Storm

YOUTH MOVIE SOUNDTRACK STRATEGIES (Fierce Panda) www.ymss.org.uk

"Like two separate bands simultaneously, one a bludgeoning hardcore beast, and one a dissonant, experimental miasma." - BBC Oxford

"Blasts of cathartic noise mingle menacingly with brooding soundscapes, disturbing spoken-word samples rest uneasily on a sharp, technicolour canopy of feedback, drone and nerve-chilling atmospherics. This is both intelligent and cathartic, spooky and calming, and serves as a potent reminder that instrumental music can be defiantly the most moving of all." - Kerrang! (KKKK)

REDJETSON www.redjetson.co.uk

Idly compared by some to Slint, Mogwai, Do Make Say Think & Explosions in the Sky, the (admittedly very cool) associations would ignore the warm, beating heart which lies within the six piece band.

The band prove that vast, artistically inclined soundscapes are not intrinsically linked with interminable lengths of guitar meandering or fits of laptop-stroking social inadequacy.

The band have just completed their latest three track single on their own Steinbeck Records. The CD was produced by John Hannon (Hundred Reasons, Kids Near Water etc) at Mushroom Studios

local support from DEDALUS

WED 18TH AUG

DOORS 8PM

I was at Truck too and personally think that Dedalus are way better than Redjetson so get there on time. Too much like Explosions in the Sky but without that certain something. Can't remember where I was for YMSS but it might have been the real ale bar. Nullmouse?

Dedalus are super-special-wonderful. Their split EP with Politik is out now, Gary! YMSS I think clashed with something I wanted to see, can't remember who - I popped in for 10 - 15 minutes worth of YMSS, but was there for all of Redjetson.

woot....i believe there is a youth movie soundtrack strategies song on the nomad am compilation? yes?

hmm....and dedalus...:love:

You'd be totally awesomely correct! there are also three dedalus songs on the new dedalus/politik split ep, which i believe has sold more copies than the hives, in one up. score!