aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

18 hours ago, colb said:

He rejoined them earlier this year, he's very upset with Shaggy2Dope...

Now in a string of Instagram comments, Limp Bizkit’s DJ Lethal has stated that he was a “fan until now”, before telling Shaggy: “Bro step up!! Man to man. No suckerstage rushing ‘I’m gonna get on TMZ’.”

He also called him a “bitchmade G,” a “wack bro” who “just got wack,” and a “bitch ass clout chaser.” He repeatedly asked Shaggy “Where you at?”

Ok, I'm interested again, and from those snippets, DJ Lethal sounds like a GBOL. Solid vocab.

Love a good band feud. I hope they wrestle, and it is broadcast internet-wide.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/robots-that-eat-people

The military made a robot that can eat organisms for fuel

"We completely understand the public's concern about futuristic robots feeding on the human population, but that is not our mission," is a sentence no one should ever have had to say.

Edited by Soda Jerk

• 5 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Lemonade said:

How does this make a national newspaper 

Irish Mirror: Customer's shock when he received €9 bill for two scones in Dublin's Bewley's cafe.
https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/customers-shock-received-9-bill-13589555

"But Oliver was left in a state of shock..."

The interview in that is incredible too:

"So we were seated and our order was taken.

"We knew what we wanted, just tea, coffee and a scone each.

"Our food arrived, scones on a plates with three small dishes of jam, butter and cream.

"Now the blob of butter in the dish wouldn't cover one half of the scone nor did the jam or cream.

"We had no jam, cream or butter for the other half - we eat it dry with our tea and coffee.

"We got the bill, I nearly died when I saw the price of the two scones - €9.00.

"Totally, totally over priced. Where I come from in Cork you get tea and a scone for €4."

He nearly died! NEARLY.

Imagine being the kind of person who, instead of going up and asking for more butter and jam, gets in touch with some tabloid rag to publicise his own sense of entitlement. Negative press for a little cafe for an issue that could have been sorted on the spot. Except for the price, but normally you check the menu, and if you don't like the price, you don't pay it...

The only thing missing is a photograph of the customer himself, pointing at the receipt and looking angry.

1 hour ago, Soda Jerk said:

"But Oliver was left in a state of shock..."

The interview in that is incredible too:

He nearly died! NEARLY.

Imagine being the kind of person who, instead of going up and asking for more butter and jam, gets in touch with some tabloid rag to publicise his own sense of entitlement. Negative press for a little cafe for an issue that could have been sorted on the spot. Except for the price, but normally you check the menu, and if you don't like the price, you don't pay it...

The only thing missing is a photograph of the customer himself, pointing at the receipt and looking angry.

It seems like a massive overreaction. Also that's not completely beyond reason for Dublin, which is an eye-wateringly expensive city. I paid €8.50 for a pint of Heineken once, that should have made the news. Bewley's is an institution too, its been there forever, and its right on Grafton Street where everything is more expensive. More fool him. 

I notice the receipt was torn up and taped back together too, presumably in disgust. 

2 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

It seems like a massive overreaction. Also that's not completely beyond reason for Dublin, which is an eye-wateringly expensive city. I paid €8.50 for a pint of Heineken once, that should have made the news. Bewley's is an institution too, its been there forever, and its right on Grafton Street where everything is more expensive. More fool him. 

I notice the receipt was torn up and taped back together too, presumably in disgust. 

Torn up in disgust and carefully taped back together with regret and shame.