aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

I don't see where I said "it's not cruel" - I actually do think keeping them in all of the time is mean.  

But then again, I also think people have more right over their garden/home, and if an animal is being territorial about somewhere  simply because they've pissed all over it, then something needs to be done.

I don't see anything in the article about people saying they were petting him and he became aggressive.  One person pulled on it's tail, so they deserved being attacked in retaliation.

The cat was in someone's house and attacking their dog though, so quite rightly the person was pissed off. From the article it seems the cat visits lots of people's houses, so if it's being aggressive then it should be kept indoors as it could end up hurting itself. 

I'm not a fan of cats purely because it's so hard to train them, and it's hard to instil boundaries.  The buggers simply do as they please. 

So the better option is to lock up the cat, even tho it's used to getting outside? You wouldnt see that as being cruel?

Yes but we're not talking about humans here, you can't compare the two situations.

What about people educating their kids NOT to approach animals they do not know? No kid should ever approach a cat when its outside unless they know the cat, same goes for any person really, unless you really know the animal you should not try and touch it, or you will get hurt more often than not. Cats have two sets of very dangerous weapons, but people dont seem to realise this.

The cat is not the problem, the problem is people touching the cat, stop that, and i can guarantee he wont be biting anymore or scaring anyone. If he gets in your house, phone the RSPCA to remove him safely. Its quite simple really.

Cats are a man made situation, we bread them to be like they are, we have to be educated properly on dealing with them. Next to nothing is done in schools to prepare children for dealing with animals, especially cats. Most of these situations would be avoided if people knew how to deal with them.

Locking them away is certainly not the answer.

Why don't you marry it?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't see where I said "it's not cruel" - I actually do think keeping them in all of the time is mean.  

But then again, I also think people have more right over their garden/home, and if an animal is being territorial about somewhere  simply because they've pissed all over it, then something needs to be done.

I don't see anything in the article about people saying they were petting him and he became aggressive.  One person pulled on it's tail, so they deserved being attacked in retaliation.

The cat was in someone's house and attacking their dog though, so quite rightly the person was pissed off. From the article it seems the cat visits lots of people's houses, so if it's being aggressive then it should be kept indoors as it could end up hurting itself. 

I'm not a fan of cats purely because it's so hard to train them, and it's hard to instil boundaries.  The buggers simply do as they please. 

It is all about understanding the nature of the animal and the fact that they are not pack animals (therefore difficult to train) and can be quite territorial. Neutering of a domestic cat generally chills them out however. As for the cat going into other people's houses, it turns out that any domestic cat that gets to roam outside tends to sneak into houses, as they are good places to find food and hide. Cats are selfish bastards essentially. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2749511/Decent-people-pride-appearance-Schoolgirl-12-ordered-lines-sent-home-wearing-wrong-shoes.html

i dont get this, parents are being taken to court because they took a child to a funeral, which is deemed an unacceptable reason for missing school, but at the same time its acceptable to miss school because of the footwear you have on, and no one is batting an eyelid? 

• Upvote 1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2749511/Decent-people-pride-appearance-Schoolgirl-12-ordered-lines-sent-home-wearing-wrong-shoes.html

i dont get this, parents are being taken to court because they took a child to a funeral, which is deemed an unacceptable reason for missing school, but at the same time its acceptable to miss school because of the footwear you have on, and no one is batting an eyelid? 

I'm surprised schools still act in such an outdated manner. I remember I once came to school on a Friday with some plain black trainers on with a note from my mum explaining my school shoes were ripped open, and I'd be getting some new ones at the weekend, and I too got put in 'isolation', where instead of doing work, I had to write lines. If you were in isolation for uniform purposes, you had to write out the school appearance 'code of conduct' over and over until the end of the day. Somehow that is considered more productive than letting me sit in classes wearing practically indistinguishable plain black trainers.

I wish I'd have gone to the Daily Mail about it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...