aberdeen-music

Ridiculous News

Soda Jerk

And you never got a slap on the back of the head and a boot up the backside when you were a kid? I know I did on more than one occasion.

Yeah makes two of us, never did me any harm. Striking on the head means very little unless she knocked the kid out, same with a kick on the arse its hardly abuse, this kinda stuff really annoys me. 

Its a very scary world to take children into now a days. 

My dad booted my arse. But very rarely. And it was a last resort. I think if you do do it, it can be useful. Like "behave or..." and if you've already experienced the "or..." then you're less likely to misbehave.

He did tell me he never liked doing it. And that to be honest, it never worked on him. Because when his dad would do it, he would get guilty and buy him a gift. So that tells a kid if you're gonna misbehave you'll get a gift. 

Striking on the head means very little unless she knocked the kid out, same with a kick on the arse its hardly abuse, this kinda stuff really annoys me. 

Picard-Facepalm-350x300.jpg

Why is that any different to getting frustrated in a disagreement and resorting to punching someone?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of these hippy 'my precious child' types, but read back what you've written and tell me there's nothing wrong with that. Striking anyone round the head as a reaction to misbehaviour will never be acceptable to me, even less so when it involves physically hurting a CHILD.

And you never got a slap on the back of the head and a boot up the backside when you were a kid? I know I did on more than one occasion.

Nope, I miraculously managed to be a well behaved child who did well at school without having a grown adult twice my size give blows to the head and stick the boot into me in a public street. But sure, it's PC gone mad, bloody nanny state blah blah blah..

Yeah makes two of us, never did me any harm. Striking on the head means very little unless she knocked the kid out, same with a kick on the arse its hardly abuse, this kinda stuff really annoys me. 

Its a very scary world to take children into now a days. 

Yeah let's just keep to Fight Club rules for developing skulls of small children, as long as they don't go limp, fair game. Fucking hell. 

If it was an adult with Cerebral Palsy out on the street with a carer who's got frustrated with them and starts laying into them, is that fine too?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1