aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Christopher

Album Cover...like it? hate it? don't care?

Just curious what you all think of the new album cover? I love hearing feedback, whether it is positive or negative. Anyway....hope you all liked it. It was a pleasure dealing with the guys and it sounds like the album is going to kick ass!

I think its brilliant, the full size version is amazingly detailed!

What sorta techniques to use to make it? Do you draw bits on paper than do them up in Photoshop or use photography etc..... or would that be telling?

Thanks Dayeth!

It's a combination of 3D software' date=' texturing, reflections, and paint-work in Corel (like photoshop, but better).[/quote']

Cool, do you have a portfolio of any of your other stuff?

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you liked it. As Joe has mentioned, I do have a portfolio at the link he provided. I've also done an album cover for the band "Journey", as well as the artwork for their drummer's bass drum. I have several new pieces to add to my website, and they should be up in a few days.

Thanks, everyone!

What was the inspiration? Well, I was just playing around, trying to come up with an atmosphere for a piece... I stepped back and said to myself "Wow...that's how I'd expect the womb of hell to look. So...I decided to finish it off with an empryonic satan growing inside. No...I am by no means a satanist....quite the opposite...heh. I just create what I see as I go along.