aberdeen-music

Kef-8th August...any comments?

SnowWhite

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry why would there be an arguement? because i said i didnt like your band? fit?

Nah, its fine if you dont like my band, I dont particularly like yours.

It's just it wasnt realy my band that played last night. It was a mixture of things and we only actually played 3 broken sunshine songs. And it was acoustic so it was a little different. All I'm saying is you could've given us a chance and see us do something different rather than stick to your previous conceptions of us. I know a lot of people who dont like broken sunshine, but did like what we did the other night.

It's just it wasnt realy my band that played last night. It was a mixture of things and we only actually played 3 broken sunshine songs. And it was acoustic so it was a little different. All I'm saying is you could've given us a chance and see us do something different rather than stick to your previous conceptions of us. I know a lot of people who dont like broken sunshine' date=' but did like what we did the other night.[/quote']

i didnt catch broken sunshine (again because of cds) but i've seen/been on the same bill with them heaps and i can honestly say that i dont care too much for them.

but you thought you were great so thats good.

I really enjoyed this gig!

Was only the second time I'd seen Gilman Street and I think even they'll agree that the first time was pretty diabolical so for me it was a massive improvement, me likes muchly!!

10 Easy Wishes fucking rock my world, big time!! I LOVE the new songs and the set reminded me why I love this band so much, had been a while but was definitely worth the wait!!

Ok so I'll agree with some people that Gone Too Far werent the best, sure, theyre young, they have a long way to go but in fairness it was like their second gig right? They didnt play horrendously, they coulda been a whole lot worse and at least they had the confidence that a lot of bands Ive seen just dont have!! Sure, they need to be really good to get away with being cocky, but at least they werent stumbling and apologising and lacking belief in themselves. What really really really pissed me off during their set was the down right fucking rudeness of people heckling them! You know who you are and you know I dont fucking like you anyway but you really proved to me on Sunday how pathetic you are. So what if you dont like them, no one forced you to stay and watch, you could have easily gone upstairs and waited till the next band were on!!! So what if the kid was singing with an American accent, dont see you hurling abuse at Point of Origin when they do it, or the X-Certs when Murray goes uber-Scottish, so why give the kid a hard time huh? There are ways of letting a band know that they need to improve, its called being constructive, not shouting out in the middle of their gig that theyre shite! You deserved to be called a dickhead!

I really liked the acoustic Broken Sunhine thing! It was a nice change from guitar thrashing punky loud madness, second night in a row of random acoustic sets at gigs, really enjoyed it! Interested to hear what Broken Sunshine are like when not acoustic as that was the first time I'd seen them!

:laughing:

Why couldn't you have told me that to my face rather than doing it across an internet messageboard? A couple of people who can remain nameless spoke to me about it in a very civil way saying that they didn't think that it was a good idea - and after speaking to them, i saw and apologised to the poor kid and gave him a few words of encouragement. But hey, I forgot, it's just so easy to have a go over the internet, isn't it?

As for pathetic - why don't you look at your brother and ask why he's spammed across different forums about how I apparently ruined the gig?

I see now why so many people think aberdeen-music is a joke when it's used by individuals to grind an axe when they're too petrified to do it to people's faces.

Im really disapointed i missed this one! Sounds like it was a good show by some.

Shame to see that Gone to Far got stick from the crowd but thats what happens. Keep your heads up guys dont let them get to you.

And further more i would like to see a square off between G/S and B/S im thinking pistols at dawn??