aberdeen-music

Kef-8th August...any comments?

SnowWhite

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, just a couple: it was too hot.

the 10 easy new songs were pretty damn fine!

i didnt hear much of Gone 2 Far,( cos i was stuck selling cds) but what i did hear was nae bad, the drummer is pretty good aswell.

i didnt catch broken sunshine (again because of cds) but i've seen/been on the same bill with them heaps and i can honestly say that i dont care too much for them.

our set wasn't too hot though

crowd was a bit uneasy though

all in all a fairly good night we sold 7 cds and we sold 2 10 Easy Wishes CDs, (and we didnt ask for any reward for doing that)

Gilman Street-Good but Ive seen them play better before, but enjoyable nonetheless. Love their enw song "0800-unity" sounds like Nofx and Afi having a war.

10easy wishes-Again good set love their 2 songs especially the first new songs soudns really different to their old stuff:)

gone 2 far-didnt really like them. Their first song sounded like rvial schools-used for glue but ti dragged on and the rest were shit. Good dummer though.

Broken Sunshine-Loved their set(apart form the bowling for soup song). Their songs just sounded great on accoustic. Even the busted cover was awesome.:)

It was 2 of broken sunshine + rachel (norman's fetish) and then 1 of broken sunshine + tom for a few songs. Then just the 2 of broken sunshine...twas a lot of traffic on those little stairs, but I was sitting onstage for the whole set. That's a good thing cus I'm way too small for those big chairs!

Ok... I was selling merch upstairs so I didnt catch any of Gilman St, but seen them before and to be honest, don't realy care for them that much.

Gone 2 far, again, missed them cus of merch and I couldn't really be assed going down to see them. But I could hear them a little upstairs and they sound like they have potential.

10 easy wishes are good, I like them. Their new songs are quite good, but I would've liked to hear come older ones off the CD so I could sing along...I didn't really watch much of their set cus I had to keep an eye on the merch stand, but they were good as far as I heard.

Broken Sunshine's acoustic set went really well I think! I didn't know how the audience would take it but I've had some good feedback. It was a shame Lisa lost her voice though, that's why rachel was singing, but rach did really well for being roped in yesterday! So we thank her for that.

i didnt catch broken sunshine (again because of cds) but i've seen/been on the same bill with them heaps and i can honestly say that i dont care too much for them.

=SnowWhite]

Ok... I was selling merch upstairs so I didnt catch any of Gilman St' date=' but seen them before and to be honest, don't realy care for them that much.

[/quote']

hehe (damm 8 characters)

Guest scott cs.

i thought Broken Sunshine's songs sounded really pretty played acoustically.

Gone2Far are probably the first txt-core band to be in Aberdeen and they sucked balls. the vocal lines were horrible.

Guest Ewan SSR

Gilman - Good. Bought the CD.

10EW - Ace. Hickadula and ####### are really good songs.

Gone 2 Far - Hmmm. Didn't like the whole "re-arranging the blink song" and passing it off as your own. Or the fact that the guitarist was playing up to the crowd, or pretty much any of hwat they did. But, it's a start.

Broken Sunshine - I tend to find that acoustic sets bore the crap out of me. The way that when songs are played acoustically, they're automatically "beautiful" and the person that sings them automatically gains "such a powerful and amazing voice" and they are "such fantastic songwriters". Hmm, Nope, didn't like this much at all.

Guest Salty

arent gone2far really young? my friend said something about her little cousin knowing them, apparently they're in her year at school, if so that makes them like 15/16 (?) wasnt there so i cant pass comment.

Guest Cowboy Dan

Yes, well...

Gilman Street - I remember I first saw these boys about two years, they pretty much played the exact same set list last night as they did then. Ok, so the songs are pretty good but surely the band are growing just as tiresome of playing as the crowd are of hearing them. I don't think it would do Gilman Street any harm to take a break for a while, go work on a new set and return later this year as the new song they played sounded very promising and I would love to hear more new material like it. As usual, last night Aaron was very good with the crowd and provided a few laughs, making the most out of a string snap, and the performance was alright. 2.5/5

10 Easy Wishes - When I first heard this band, I thought they sucked, well that's because they did, but that was a long time ago and now they don't suck, infact they're pretty damn good. In the past year they've matured alot and the difference is amazing. Catchy melodies galore and a very enthusiatic performance, well apart from Adam, the child who never learned to smile. JJ tried so hard to get the crowd going, they didn't really react but he didn't care and went on shaking around the stage. The new songs are sounding good and I can only see greater things happening for this band with a two UK tours coming up and their 100th show party quickly approaching, i'll be there, if you didn't get an invitation, it's probably because you're not cool. 4/5

Gone 2 Far - When I heard the name I made a bet with a friend that they would cover a Blink 182 song, of course i was right, but I'm always right. As soon as 10 Easy Wishes had finished their set about 40 14 year olds all equipped with cigarettes (seriously it was unbelievable how many were smoking) rushed down to front of the stage, now this immediately pissed me off, why couldn't they have come down for the first two bands? Anyway, that's a pointless argument i'll never win so i'll stop myself there. About 5 minutes later out popped 3 cheeky faced youths with mandatory wrist bands and Blink 182 t-shirts, my first impression was to write them off straight away but then I thought back to the X-Certs and how similar this was to their first performance and how good they are now, so I listened. Pretty dull songs, monotonous voice, all power chord base. Can't remember what any of them went like now (whereas i could probably hum through the whole of 10 easy wishes's set) on the whole quite uninteresting and not really my thing. Couldn't really see much potential but it's the done thing to do to say a band with kids in it has potential so, WOW THEY'VE GOT POTENTIAL!!!! I'll probably never see this band again but yet I think i'll manage to get to sleep at night.

Some pretty poor retorts from the heckling, calling someone in the crowd a "dickhead" isn't really the way to win people over, wit is the key. yeah so 2/5 or something...

Broken acoustic 2/3 sunshine + guy + other girl with 2 men and a baby - Never seen Broken Sunshine un-acoustic so i'd no idea what their songs were like. Being an all girl band (I think) the lyrics were of course, really girly and weren't really to my liking but overall the songs sounded pretty nice, a friend said they sounded better acoustic than as a full band but I can't comment there... I think the venue was against the band, the set would have been more suited to somewhere like Drakes or your grannies living room with the fire blazing on a cold winter's night with a gentle breeze blowing and icicles slowly forming above the windows. Anyway, all the singing voices were very nice (even if the guy did sing higher than the girl), I didn't know any of the covers but overall I did quite enjoy the set and it was a nice way to round off the evening. 3/5

That's what I thought, i hope something from in there will be of use to the bands... Sorry if there's anything that doesn't make sense, I can't be bothered checking it...

Gilman Street - I didn't care much for the music, but they had presence. I'd go see them again on the grounds that they were fun to watch, and there was a nice contrast of utter intensity and being laid back - I'll go see them again and see if the music catches me a second time round, like a lot of bands have done.

10ew - fun, crazy, amusing, and most of all entertaining. Worth the 4.50 alone, anyway.

Gone2Far - If they can pull off the arrogance and swagger without 40 of their friends being there, when being faced with a hostile audience who don't care for their music, then they've got a future. It's as simple as that - their music may be utterly rubbish, but any band who has the attitude to believe that they're damn good will inevitably be noticed somewhere down the line.

Broken Sunshine - please do more of what you did last night? please? you've won over me with that performance last night :)

I cant really comment on Gilman Street cause im kinda biast(sp?), but still, i really enjoyed it and I think this is the best ive heard you guys play the new one!

I never heard much of Ten easy wishes, but i just dont like it, its just not my thing! You are good at what you do though!

Again I never heard much of Gone2far,(was upstairs on the merch stand with aaron) but thanks to the ace screen upstairs, the drumming looked pretty good!

Broken Sunshine, well, i still dont like this band at all, fair enough i didnt hear the set too much, but acoustic sounded much better than normal! I dont know if this is just because acoustic automatically sounds prettier or what? But it just sounded less simple, less whiney and less anoying! The busted cover was the best thing ive ever heard you guys do! It was great!