aberdeen-music

Bruce Millers

Frosty Jack

Just like how Creperie Jacques and Chicago Rock/Jumpin Jaks closed for "refurbishment"

And Beluga, though I believe the note in the window promises it will be reopening in May 2010, so you know, fingers crossed.

And next time Cool Thinker starts his pish about something definitely happening because he read it in the Evening Express:

Evening Express - Article - Bar bosses hope to reopen Aberdeen pub

Guest droid
Would Bruce Millers have survived had they relocated to Union Square?

I think not, if the management let it go out of business whilst trading on Union Street, what chance would they have in Union Square.

Let's see how long the new shop lasts ?

Guest droid
I don't think it's fair to say they "let it go out of business".

Fact...they had been hemorraging money for years, especially when they lost the revenue from TV rentals. The warnings should have been heeded by the managment at that time.

Guest droid
How would you have stopped it from losing money then? Told the global economy and the internet to fuck off?

I wasn't a director of the store dude,but i know ideas were suggested and fell on deaf ears.

Union Street is just going through a rough patch just now - I reckon in the next 5 years the empty units will fill up with different shops/boutiques.

As shit as it sounds, I'd rather see chain stores fill the gaps than have big empty storefronts. Obviously local businesses/boutiques thriving would be amazing, but better to have something than nothing.

If Union Street becomes 'redundant' will Sir Ian Wood lower it to UTG level and fill it with grass?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tam o' Shantie

Friday at 11am surely isn't the best time to do this? Seeing as most prospective buyers will be in work.

Really? It's an auction, not a car boot sale. The primary customers will be rival instrument dealers/shops.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bruce Millers auction takes place tomorrow.

The catalogue of items for sale can now be downloaded at the following link.

Industrial Auctioneers & Valuers

If the auctioneer follows the catalogue order the music items will be quite a bit after they have disposed of the restaurant equipment but I expect everything to go under the hammer quite quickly.

Alan Cynic and the local museums should check out the 1949 HMV "portable" recording studio that recorded many local artists onto direct-cut 78rpm records. This item alone is part of Aberdeen's history and should be preserved.

The HMV 2350 H