aberdeen-music

Looking for scary looking/derelict locations for photo shoot

unbroken

A friend of mine has asked me to put a post up on here to see if I can find her a location in Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire for a photoshoot.

She is looking for any old buildings that are either derelict or look a little scary. Anywhere in the Aberdeen/Aberdeenshire region would be considered.

And any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Scott

UK Urban Exploration Forums

Search for Aberdeen. Tons of derelict places.

Also try the old Barracudas bowling alley in BOD. It's been burnt out and there's an open door round the back if you jump over a fence. Really creepy, it's all burnt and black but there's still kids toys, bowling pins etc. lying around.

Archived Report - "One" 10 Pin Bowling Alley, Aberdeen. March 2010 - UK Urban Exploration Forums

Guest Gladstone

Slains Castle in Cruden Bay. Not sure how much of it is left - but with the right weather, it's pretty scary...

There used to be an old mental home at Kingseat - I think it may still be there. Near Newmachar - there's a new development at Kingseat with loads of houses, but I think the mental home is still there - just over the hill. No idea if it's possible to get into it, but it looks like something out of a horror movie from the outside.

Also try the old Barracudas bowling alley in BOD. It's been burnt out and there's an open door round the back if you jump over a fence. Really creepy, it's all burnt and black but there's still kids toys, bowling pins etc. lying around.

Archived Report - "One" 10 Pin Bowling Alley, Aberdeen. March 2010 - UK Urban Exploration Forums

There's a 'cool1' on those forums as well :up:

Great site mind. Makes me wish I had a car so I could get to some of these places. I wouldn't take photos though, I'd just write poncey poems.

I've been to a few of them, but I generally pussy out of going inside if:

A) There's no obvious open door and I don't want to climb

B) There's evidence of junkies using the building

C) The building is unsafe and I'm worried about bits of roof falling on me and no-one knowing where I am.

It's really interesting having a snoop around and I love finding old things that people have left lying around. I've got a really weird interest in derelict buildings. The bowling place is cool, I did jump a few fences to get in there, and I went early on a Sunday morning because apparently there's a load of neds use it as some sort of hangout.

I went creepy location scouting around this time last year and came across an odd old building in Seaton Park looking out onto Tillydrone Road. I have no idea what it is, but it's all boarded up and could maybe be good..?

Sorry in advance for crappy quality...

(Also apologies for being really thick if it's obvious what this is.)

S4025939.jpg

S4025940.jpg

S4025941.jpg

S4025942.jpg

S4025943.jpg

S4025944.jpg

i never knew about that urban explorers forum.

that is fucking ace, that sort of stuff really interests me and im well chuffed there is so much stuff to see in aberdeen!

now i only need to find a way to ask folk to go exploring with me without sounding like im going to

a) rape them

b) stab them

c) all of the above

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell. I know one of the old directors of that place - that would bring tears to his eyes, I'm sure. It was one of my haunts back in the days of Barracudas being mentioned non-stop in Northsound, too!