aberdeen-music

A new era of Ascension

Rickicaz1279

Hey Everyone!

Ascension have always had a mixed reaction in our old city of aberdeen, even being nominated worst band 3 years in a row! but nevertheless i want to share with you the new song from our upcoming debut album "Far Beyond The Stars"

The album was a big project for us, 4 weeks spent with legendary King Diamond guitarist " Andy Larocque " at his own studio in Varberg, Sweden. its our fastest, most melodic, shreddy production to date and its receiving fantastic feedback so far. We are currently sorting out the "Business" side of releasing the album, i shan't say anymore right now but everything's going in the right direction and there are lots of plans for the future on the back of this album, needless to say we are extremely proud of it.

Anyway, just trying to get some feedback :) and i'm also looking for reviewers for the whole album, preferably people who run at least a reasonably reputable blog, or review forum, or magazine etc etc. so get in touch if you'd be interested :)

Anyway, here's the latest installment from the new era of Ascension, intense power metal in the vein of helloween meets Dragonforce/edguy/gamma ray and everything in between!

Visit us on facebook :) - Ascension Scotland | Facebook

• Upvote 1

The sound is fantastic, and there's no doubting the musicianship. I love shred.

I own 1 band t-shirt. That is a Dragonforce tour t-shirt. If I was to take the Pepsi challenge with you and Dragonforce, I couldn't tell the difference. If someone was to tell me that this was the new Dragonforce single I would believe them.

Holy crap!!! The vocals sound huge, well done.

I suspect the main difference between these guys and Dragonforce may be the ability to pull that off live... I'm sure Ascension will do a better job, and both guitarists in Ascension can play!

Happy speed metal is not really my cup of tea but I can appreciate this for what it is and a lot of work has gone into getting this far so well played, I hope a decent deal is in the pipeline.

The sound is fantastic, and there's no doubting the musicianship. I love shred.

I own 1 band t-shirt. That is a Dragonforce tour t-shirt. If I was to take the Pepsi challenge with you and Dragonforce, I couldn't tell the difference. If someone was to tell me that this was the new Dragonforce single I would believe them.

Whereas I agree with the Dragonforce connection which is quite obvious (fast, guitar shreddy, power metal) I'd like to think we do something that they don't which is the effort we put into writing our songs.

You can't really tell from this one song, but the album as a whole is very varied between our different writing styles and we put a lot of effort into the vocals - as opposed to Dragonforce, who sing "So Far awayyyy" in just about every song they have haha.

Basically saying, fair enough on the comparison but I wouldn't consider us a Dragonforce clone by any stretch of the imagination

Thanks everyone! so chuffed everyone seems to like it :)

The rest of the album as doc says has a good mixture of writing styles, and hopefully you can all hear a wee bit more soon :)

Thanks for that email address man! ill get in touch once we get the press packs all ordered and promotional copies of the album ready!

Whereas I agree with the Dragonforce connection which is quite obvious (fast, guitar shreddy, power metal) I'd like to think we do something that they don't which is the effort we put into writing our songs.

You can't really tell from this one song, but the album as a whole is very varied between our different writing styles and we put a lot of effort into the vocals - as opposed to Dragonforce, who sing "So Far awayyyy" in just about every song they have haha.

Basically saying, fair enough on the comparison but I wouldn't consider us a Dragonforce clone by any stretch of the imagination

Don't get me wrong, I like your stuff! I'll buy the album when it comes out and if you play in Inverness, I'll be there to see you:-)

If you see the videos of them recording there new album with the new vocalist, you can hear theyve included another bout of " so far awaaaay " in there hahaha!!!

And monk rocker, we will most definatly play inverness! we played we there in 2009 on tour at Mad hatters and it was fucking awesome!!

Sounds really good chaps. I prefer that over dragonforce to be honest.

And Doc, spot on about that 'So Far Awaaay' in every song of theirs. I've always thought that.

That... and the word "Fields" ... it's everywhere... But no offence to them - I don't mind their music but the lyrics are just terrible. There is zero effort there to make a legitimate song and I personally couldn't live with myself doing that - hence our songs do have real meaning and effort in the lyrics!

• 2 months later...