aberdeen-music

Things you can't look cool doing.

ca_gere

Nowt wrong with a flanel shirt per se. Long as the top button is undone, you're fine by me. If the top button is both visible and closed, you're a child molestor. No exceptions.

xx

Top button never done up. That's a certainty. The only time a top button should be done up is when you are a badass L.A. gangsta and that is the ONLY button done up, as seen in the film 'Colors' (I thinksaw it in something like that anyways).

Furthermore, wearing ironic facial hair. It doesn't look cool. It looks fucking horrible, slug lip.

I also realised the other day that it's very difficult to look cool whilst shooing away a wasp.

What's the call on crappy facial hair that you're sticking with because you hate shaving and have decided that you've basically given up on trying? It's not meant to be ironic but I worry it could come across that way.

Air drumming. No one looks cool air drumming.

What's the call on crappy facial hair that you're sticking with because you hate shaving and have decided that you've basically given up on trying? It's not meant to be ironic but I worry it could come across that way.

Well, it's the sort of facial hair I have. I was referring mainly to people who grow and sport these stupid little ironic moustaches. Usually accompanied by thick-rimmed glasses, whether they are required or not. I remember seeing a band called Islet last year, and one of the guys was sporting this very look (y'know: side-parted hair; little moustache; skinny jeans; those vans trainers with the chessboard pattern and little cherries on them; and a slightly oversized wifebeater). It seemed like an awful lot of effort to go to just to look like other people into the same music as him. Or maybe he just really fucking wanted to be in Vice magazine; he was certainly prime fodder for it.

I've been perplexed by how many shirts I've seen with the top button done up over the past few weeks I've been back in the uk. What the hell is going on and who is responsible for this awful trend?

It's the hardcore scene mainly. I blame the Gallows.

I have no idea if the Gallows sport this look or not but Frank Carter is a dick hole so I'm blaming the dick hole trend on him.

xx

Air drumming. No one looks cool air drumming.

Air drumming only looks cool if you get the fill bang-on! If you're doing the hi-hat-snare alteration through a sick fill, then you will look severely uncool.

Rock bands playing gigs in suits is very uncool. It's only cool if you are the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, or another ska band. But not ska-punk band.

You never look cool when you stop running - unless there is a clearly marked finishing like and a gaggle of people behind you.

xx

It looks cool if you duck for the finish line, even if there is no finish line. Like Remi Gaillard does to beat the tram in his urban decathlon

I fell asleep on the bus yesterday and when I woke up we were at my stop. I didn't want to look uncool getting up and running to the front to get out in time so I just sat and decided to get off at the next one. The driver took a break and was just sitting at my stop. So when I got off I looked like a cool mother fucker who had time for no man.

I fell asleep on the bus yesterday and when I woke up we were at my stop. I didn't want to look uncool getting up and running to the front to get out in time so I just sat and decided to get off at the next one. The driver took a break and was just sitting at my stop. So when I got off I looked like a cool mother fucker who had time for no man.

You have clearly misread the title of this thread as 'Things you always look cool doing'.