aberdeen-music

The Royals

I'll admit. I started off a cynic but by the end was sobbing into a tissue telling my dad how beautiful Kate looked in that gorgeous dress. Totally channelling Grace Kelly. Lovely lace detail.

Also, her sister, totally would.

LADS o/

Didn't watch it but this was around facebook....

Gorgeous Pippa steals the show | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

Fake tan much? She looks like a paper cutout wedding dress with an orange on top. I'm not saying she's bad looking or anything, just that she's probably been tangoed

I thought nobody cared but judging from my facebook everyone I know is watching this Wedding.

I've been getting a running commentary on the wedding, or complaints about it. Personally, I'm still not fussed by it all. It was a bit odd to see Union Jack bunting on shops in town this morning. Unfortunately I tend to associate the public display of the Union flag with the BNP and associated mentalists, so it does make me feel a bit ill at ease.

Didn't watch it but this was around facebook....

Gorgeous Pippa steals the show | The Sun |News|Royal Wedding

Fake tan much? She looks like a paper cutout wedding dress with an orange on top. I'm not saying she's bad looking or anything, just that she's probably been tangoed

Yeah, the whole Middleton crowd looked like they hit the self-tan a little too hard.

Ahem, what I mean to say is "Smash the heteronormative patriarchy! Fuck the Monarchy!"

Yeah, the whole Middleton crowd looked like they hit the self-tan a little too hard.

Ahem, what I mean to say is "Smash the heteronormative patriarchy! Fuck the Monarchy!"

The best double entendre I've read today. May punks and lads unite under the banner of royal weddings.

I'm sure Richard Keys would love to smash the monarchy now Kate Middleton is part of it

Personally, I'm still not fussed by it all.

Same. Not seen a whiff of it. Not interested. Just a wedding, innit? I've been to enough of them. Maybe if one of the young'uns was being crowned king, I'd watch that. Not a wedding though. I didn't even flick to Sky News like Nickelodeon told me to the morning Princess Dianna died. Doug was on.

I'll admit. I started off a cynic but by the end was sobbing into a tissue telling my dad how beautiful Kate looked in that gorgeous dress. Totally channelling Grace Kelly. Lovely lace detail.

Also, her sister, totally would.

LADS o/

TrueLad is coming out with some belters.

Saw a bit of it. They looked bored shitless during their own wedding. Nae wonder, thon bishops rabbited on a bit and the songs went on for eons.

Agreed. They've kinda been the "modern royals" with their relaxed engagement photos and what not, so I expected a much less stuffy affair, more of a modern wedding with more love talk and less amening, and bishops and nuns, etc. Who wants to sing hymns and listen to her ugly brother read passages from Romans straight after the "I now pronounce you man and wife?" bit? Fuck that, you want to kiss the girl, get down the aisle, celebrate with your family, milk the applause outside for a while and hit the bar. I felt a bit sorry for them truth be told, like they were kinda forced into all that boring pomp and ceremony.

Not meaning like "Aw poor them getting that huge wedding paid for and a lifetime of privilege etc", but would that be anyones idea of a "dream wedding", completely unable to relax on your big day because your every move is scrutinised by the worlds media, having to sit through the pompous, archaic ceremony, and your guest list being 2000 people you've probably never met? Wouldn't be how I'd want to get hitched anyway.

I just read this article preview on the bbc site.

"The newly-wed royals are to honeymoon overseas at a later date and are spending the weekend in the UK before Prince William returns to work next week"

Can someone tell me what William's "work" is? I had no idea he did anything.

I believe he's in the RAF and does charity stuff as well, not sure if you'd class that as work mind. And being a prince I suppose is a job itself, all those functions and buffets to attend.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
Because as one pro-monarchist put it they are a British tradition. They are an institution and a symbol of this nation. So you have to ask yourself what that symbol stands for: that receiving power, position and privilege through birth, regardless of merit, is Majestic.

:gringo:

As for the lesser Royals and lesser noble families that no one gives a hoot about people should really ask themselves where those people are and what they are doing. They attend those same Universities and public schools you were talking about and since the public don't finance them directly they take jobs in the music, film and fashion industries. Some of them work today as journalists, or bankers or even as the Chancellor of The Exchequer controlling the finances of the entire country and deciding how much money you'll get to keep in your wallet this month. And for those who have no interest in being elected there's always the Lords.

Is that not pretty much what I said? Are you arguing or rephrasing.

And what of this institutionalised fraud against the British taxpayer? Isn't that their right? The system is designed to protect and serve the Crown and the feeling of entitlement is a virus.

Dude I am talking about literal fraud ie. the illegal kind which has seen various MPs locked up and probably hundreds of others saved from it by the skin of their teeth. The royal family 'cost' me the taxpayer money, I don't class that as fraud, I class it as the goverment's use of my taxes which I have no real control over. I guess I dont enjoy it a great deal but how can I possibly quantify the money that the royal family's existance generates in return? And once again, to focus so much hatred against one thing kind of brushes aside the millions and billions of 'my' money that gets spend on other pointless or disagreeable things by the government.

And since you'll never get in the way of their personal aspirations why the fuck should any of them give even one squirt of piss for your perceived injustices? You're far too busy fighting with those lowly middle classes to even register in their minds dahling. ta ta.

Eh? Who's asking or expecting them to? :gringo: