aberdeen-music

This Girl - This Monday

lava p.

ThisGirl

Never made it along to see ThisGirl play at the Loft in Forres on Friday night but by all accounts they seem to have been VERY impressive. I've only got Short Strut to the Brassy Front and I think it's ok...but all songs played were from more recent releases. Wish i'd gone now...

Since Deadloss were 2nd on the posters I thought they'd be on second but 'twas not to be so I missed them to my annoyance. Went for a couple of pints in TK's beer garden then came back to see X Is Loaded who are glaringly average through these eyes. thisGIRL were really pleasing I thought. A bit better than last time as more people seemed to be enjoying it and they fed off of that. All in all a pleasing gig indeed :)

X is loaded- very good, i liked them, different to what i usually like, but some of their songs were amazing

thisGIRL- wow, even if you didn't like the music you can't say they wern't an amusing band to watch, and i liked the music as well, they had everything, i enjoyed this gig even more than i thought i would.

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

deadloss, as i've noted recently, seem to be getting better with every gig, i'm starting to like them quite a bit, very interesting to watch. lost were really disappointing, didn't pay much attention to them at all.

as much as i really like xisloaded, but they have completely changed since last time i saw them, they seemed very egotistical, like we were expected to worship them, which i really don't like. the music was good though, can't fault them in that department.

and then there was thisgirl, who were awesome. i guess i'm a bit biased as they're one of my favourite bands, but they performed really well, i was dancing down at the front, and had a lovely time :) i was quite annoyed they didn't play my favourite song of theirs, and that only me and the 2 people i was with waited back at the end to talk to the band properly...weird. they're lovely guys though (and they spelled my name right!)

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake
I bet it was a shit gig compared to the filthpact/fighting shit one :p

eugh, don't even talk to me about that...why did they have to be on the same night...why?!

better with every gig you say? how kind!

i had a shit one. i wasn't up for it, and i broke x is loaded's guitar amp (nearly killing wazzak in the process) entirely by accident. but cos i'm a nice guy i left them a billing address...

i really enjoyed what i saw of thisgirl - didn't expect to at all. missed x is loaded cos i was hiding from them, and missed lost cos i was upstairs drowning my sorrows.

completely changed since last time i saw them' date=' they seemed very egotistical, like we were expected to worship them, which i really don't like. [/quote']

they were like that when supporting inme. cunts.

im annoyed i didnt go as i wanted to see this girl but what can you do:)