aberdeen-music

Indian Resaurants in Aberdeen

dorkusmalorkus

Hello, what is everyone's recommendations for good curry houses in our fair city? Looking to book a table for a fair few folk soon and I haven't been out for one here in a while.

I like Nawaabs but we went there last time.

Also, i have heard talk of a BYOB affair somewhere but the person coudln't remember the name.

Any help is much appreciated. Cheers!

I'm not a big curry man myself, but I have eaten in Cinnamon on Union Street a couple of times and thought it was absolute quality.

Could be a complete rumour - and I don't want to be done for slander - but I heard a while ago that if you go to Cinnamon with a big group of people, they'll try to add extra dishes and drinks on to the bill in the hope that you wont notice.

To be fair, I guess a lot of restaurants might try to pull this. Seems it would be a pretty easy way to make a bit of extra cash since the chances of, say, twenty people checking an itemised bill to make sure only what they ordered is listed is unlikely... especially if the beers and naans are flowing!

On a slightly cheerier note, I would definitely recommend Jewel in the Crown. I'd also say Nawaabs is a good call for restaurant dining; although I have been less impressed by their home deliveries in the past.

thanks for all the suggestions so far. Do fancy trying Spice Dabba now!

I've heard awful things about Cinnamon but i wouldn't want to slander! I've been there twice, once when it first opened - food was good but a little cramped. Second time we had a table booked which they made us wait for for 25 mins so we went elsewhere. The manager freaked out and started actually pulling my Dad's arm to stop him walking out :up: superb.

Jewel in the Crown and Shabaaz are both pretty damn good. I think the BYOB place mentioned above might be Gurkha Kitchen, which isn't Indian, but supposed to be very good.

Definitely my nembers one and two. I think the BYOB affair is the Lahore Karahi on King St (near Safeways). Every time I have been there has ben tremendous, but I have heard that they have a different chef these days.

Actually, think on it, it aint BYOB, it is booze-less. But I have typed all this out now, so I aint deleting it.

Definitely my nembers one and two. I think the BYOB affair is the Lahore Karahi on King St (near Safeways). Every time I have been there has ben tremendous, but I have heard that they have a different chef these days.

Actually, think on it, it aint BYOB, it is booze-less. But I have typed all this out now, so I aint deleting it.

I will gratefully take the 20% or so that was helpful in that post sir, as it is certainly better than a 20 percenter to the muff.