aberdeen-music

Seaton Park Festival? Any info

rowan

This all sounds pretty ace. I'd definitely be popping along if I was going to be in Aberdeen. Seaton park is an awesome place. Not a lot of cities have such a well situated open space in walking distance from just about everywhere. Neds and musos alike are what makes a festival. If it was all chin-stroking it'd be pretty boring. I kinda like seeing bucket-hatted taps-aff types, they're part of our culture and for the most part they're there to have a good time like everyone else. You just need to not get too close. I'm sure there'll be a few 'on the rob' there to cause trouble but there'll be enough decent folk it won't be an issue. It certainly wouldn't factor into my thinking of whether to go or not. The price neither. Standard festival price and worth paying if it lives up to the billing. Even bands you don't like are sometimes worth seeing at a festival. Different kind of gig. I mean, fuck I would never pay to go to a kelis gig but i'd check her out at a festival.

As trite and cliched as it sounds, Music always has the power to even these things out and i'm sure it'll be a fantastic event. And hopefully set a good precedent for such things in the future.

You must go. You live in Aberdeen, it's a musical event (regardless whether you like the acts playing at all) so you must go otherwise you hate everything that music in Aberdeen stands for. That and you might make some people cry by not going :(

Still not enough of my sort of stuff on to warrant paying 90 but a good mix of stuff on for folks that like the sort of things that are. Clientele wouldn't bother me, i have to deal with Aberdonian minks on a day to day basis ;)

Can't echo the "fantastic achievement" sentiment enough though.

Is Liam Horne playing? That would swing it for me. I'd do anything to support a local boy.

All this talk about neds and minkers is unbelievable. Wise up! It's embarrassing!

Can just imagine the papers....

"Plans for one of the most exciting musical developments that Aberdeen has ever seen were sensationally shelved last night. It appears that ticket sales have been severely hit as a direct result of music fans leading sheltered lives fearing for their safety....."

Bring it on. And let us live in hope that Anton Newcombe, Jason Pierce and Thurston Moore decide that Aberdeen's a place that they'd really like to go to on their summer holidays....

All this talk about neds and minkers is unbelievable. Wise up! It's embarrassing!

Well said.

My decision on whether or not to go to a festival is based upon my liking of the music, not the other folk who are there. If that was the case, I never would have gone to Leeds last year in case I burned alive. (Seriously, it came close to happening.)

Well said.

My decision on whether or not to go to a festival is based upon my liking of the music, not the other folk who are there. If that was the case, I never would have gone to Leeds last year in case I burned alive. (Seriously, it came close to happening.)

Leeds was crazy.

I agree i don't decide on a festival on the amount of neds that are present. Everyone needs to get behind this and make it a big success.

I am keen to see how the actual layout of the event will look.

I don't think it's silly to be considering the minker factor. Aberdeen is rife with em and you'd be pretty ignorant to assume that they aren't gonna turn out in force to an event like this. It disna bother me coz i'm hard n'at ken and I don't really mind but to some it's rightfully a worry. This isn't a huge cosmopolitan city where all tastes and sections of society are catered for, if there's a big event in aberdeen aw cunts will show up. The beer tent at free at the dee was like baby baghdad one year I remember.

Obviously with proper security and staffing it's not a problem but we're talking about an open air festival in a small city in the north of scotland... of course the topic of neds is gonna crop up.

be assured a professional operation like this will have professional security outside & inside

the event. The council would not give its permission if there wasn't a professional festival

risk assessment.

the people on Aberdeen music should be delighted that Aberdeen has a SERIOUS festival

in the city & hopefully should the first one be successful it can be repeated in 2012 onwards

Get behind this initative.....

be assured a professional operation like this will have professional security outside & inside

the event. The council would not give its permission if there wasn't a professional festival

risk assessment.

the people on Aberdeen music should be delighted that Aberdeen has a SERIOUS festival

in the city & hopefully should the first one be successful it can be repeated in 2012 onwards

Get behind this initative.....

People ARE behind it. Noone in this thread has said anything to the contrary.

All the talk of what it may or may not be like is part of the buzz.

Glastonbury wouldn't be Glastonbury without the shouts of 'they've sold out this year' and 'I'm not going...too many rosy-cheeked toffs'

Can just imagine the papers....

"Plans for one of the most exciting musical developments that Aberdeen has ever seen were sensationally shelved last night. It appears that ticket sales have been severely hit as a direct result of music fans leading sheltered lives fearing for their safety....."

Bring it on. And let us live in hope that Anton Newcombe, Jason Pierce and Thurston Moore decide that Aberdeen's a place that they'd really like to go to on their summer holidays....

Don't be fooled by his taste in music, these are the words of a minker himsel'!

I don't think it's silly to be considering the minker factor. Aberdeen is rife with em and you'd be pretty ignorant to assume that they aren't gonna turn out in force to an event like this. It disna bother me coz i'm hard n'at ken and I don't really mind but to some it's rightfully a worry. This isn't a huge cosmopolitan city where all tastes and sections of society are catered for, if there's a big event in aberdeen aw cunts will show up. The beer tent at free at the dee was like baby baghdad one year I remember.

Obviously with proper security and staffing it's not a problem but we're talking about an open air festival in a small city in the north of scotland... of course the topic of neds is gonna crop up.

They should issue a statement like this...

BBC News - Neds 'not welcome' at T in the Park festival