aberdeen-music

Seaton Park Festival? Any info

rowan

Guest Gladstone
Say I want to take the dog for a walk in the park that weekend, what happens? Will the stages be sealed off or the whole park? I don't think they can just close the whole park for this??

Madness...it sure is...

Don't be a fud. They can do what they want.

I presume there will be a section of the part section off for the stages and for the camping, but not the entire perimeter of Seaton Park (which is massive).

Hey, Jim, don't get me wrong....I've nothing against any of the acts thats on, if its what you like ?.....but most are just not my cup of tea (saying that, I would like to see Madness, but even they are not worth paying that much for me!)......

..... and I would never presume to be skilled & organized enough to be able to "put on my own festival next year"..... so really, your sarcasm was lost on me...sorry ! :D

"I'm gonna go put on my own festival! With blackjack, and hookers! In fact, forget the festival!"

Bender_%28Futurama%29.png

I think the lineup is pretty good to be honest. I don't know who a few of the bands are, like that Kesha chick or whatever.. Couple of good names and I think it'd be worth a look. I won't go due to limited funding but I hope it sells out! More festivals in the area (particularly a bit of competition with Wizard) will mean that they can try a little more niche bands, maybe have a smaller 'alternative' stage the likes of the lock-up at reading/leeds and put on a few wildcards here and there.

IMHO this can only be a good thing. Especially if emergency72's dog gets hyperactive with a lack of exercise and eats him.

xx

Say I want to take the dog for a walk in the park that weekend, what happens? Will the stages be sealed off or the whole park? I don't think they can just close the whole park for this??

Madness...it sure is...

Really really really really really really hope this is just to get a reaction.

It's for a weekend. You can work around it. Seaton Park is not the only patch of ground in that area, and your dog's not going to die if you walk it on the pavements instead. Get a grip man.

As far as I am aware, there will be NO CAMPING at Seaton. I think that the Uni halls will be open for overnight sleeping ( Hillhead ? )

I have never heard of half of the groups but I will be there. The local artists stage will be a good place to start, before having a look / listen to what else is on.

No camping is correct. If I were to go I'd spent a lot longer at the local stage.

I really hope they just let folk send in demos for the chance to play or whatever...

Really really really really really really hope this is just to get a reaction.

It's for a weekend. You can work around it. Seaton Park is not the only patch of ground in that area, and your dog's not going to die if you walk it on the pavements instead. Get a grip man.

Do you people need a map to find the couch in your living room? I was simply trying to ask what the setup is going to be? I don't have a fucking dog. I just want to know how easy it will be to hurl glass bottles of piss into the crowd ldo.

• Upvote 1

I think the lineup is pretty good to be honest. I don't know who a few of the bands are, like that Kesha chick or whatever..

I got excited for a moment, went to check the line up again and then realised you meant Kelis.

Amazing that people responded to 72's question seriously. I'm starting to like him.

No camping is correct. If I were to go I'd spent a lot longer at the local stage.

Yeah, they're opening up Hillhead Halls for a little extra moolah apparently.

I really hope they just let folk send in demos for the chance to play or whatever...

Have a look at the other thread about this, in the Networking section. There is a contact email address for local bands.

I'm still 50/50 on going at the moment, a few good bands playing but none that I'm really that fussed about seeing. I'll wait and see who the mystery special guests are.... may just go along for the atmosphere though.

Still, fantastic achiemevent by all involved, and I hope it's a roaring success.

I'm still 50/50 on going at the moment, a few good bands playing but none that I'm really that fussed about seeing. I'll wait and see who the mystery special guests are.... may just go along for the atmosphere though.

Still, fantastic achiemevent by all involved, and I hope it's a roaring success.

You must go. You live in Aberdeen, it's a musical event (regardless whether you like the acts playing at all) so you must go otherwise you hate everything that music in Aberdeen stands for. That and you might make some people cry by not going :(

Still not enough of my sort of stuff on to warrant paying 90 but a good mix of stuff on for folks that like the sort of things that are. Clientele wouldn't bother me, i have to deal with Aberdonian minks on a day to day basis ;)

Can't echo the "fantastic achievement" sentiment enough though.

• Upvote 1