aberdeen-music

Seaton Park Festival? Any info

rowan

It would be a helpful option for many to have camping.

Just like most other festivals you could have camping and non-camping tickets with the campers paying a few quid more.

Realistically - where would you even *put* the camping? If they were going to have a few stages I don't think Seaton Park's big enough to keep 20,000+ people.

Can someone please confirm they have had a refund?

All day yesterday I could not get a refund because the bank system was down at Drummonds end.

Drummonds was closed as usual during the day today and I popped in this evening as soon as door opened.

Now I'm told refunds are only given 12-5pm.

Big problem is I work during those hours and I've already tried for 2 days for a refund with no success.

Two guys that I know bought tickets over the phone thought their tickets had been refunded. No money showing in account yet though.

Should alarm bells be ringing?

There is no money to pay for the remainder of festival costs and now it's proving difficult to get a refund.

Call me a pessimist but I'm concerned.

It's the weekend. Bankers are cunts and don't work weekends.

Every other transaction on my card worked perfectly this weekend.

I don't ever remember a single problem with using my card, yet Drummonds can't refund money both days.

It should not be so difficult to get a refund.

When their bank system did not work they would not offer cash.

When is Drummonds ever open during the day?

Am I the only one that is extremely tired of Lethal10's posts?

I don't even know why.

It might be the moaning about the festival since the day he bought tickets.

But it equally might be the way his posts are set out.

I might just stay out of this thread from now on because of it.

FWIW, Lethal, you will definitely get your cash back. It's not one massive conspiracy to milk money out of the population of Aberdeen (because clearly people outside of the city have a) never heard of the festival and b) wouldn't buy tickets anyway due to lack of campsite).

Not all transactions go through on the same day. Surely you know this?

I was fully aware of that.

When they tried to process my refund the payment was rejected a few times.

One of the other guys thought his refund was processed Friday but it's not even showing as pending.

Surely a lot of guys here have tickets and can say if they have had a refund or not?

No refunds on Saturday due to banking problems. No refunds on

Sunday because they only do between 12-5pm. The doors were locked between 12-5pm today.

The pub was empty other than maybe 4 people and the band setting up.

Surely Drummonds realise a lot of people are looking for refunds and we are not taliking pocket change here.

They should have something in place that you don't haven to visit Saturday afternoon to be told to come back later, to be told come back tomorrow(Sunday) to then be told on Sunday you need to come between 12-5pm.

That's not me being unreasonable is it?

Can't say I've has issues getting a refund for anything before.

• Upvote 1

Am I the only one that is extremely tired of Lethal10's posts?

I don't even know why.

It might be the moaning about the festival since the day he bought tickets.

But it equally might be the way his posts are set out.

I might just stay out of this thread from now on because of it.

FWIW, Lethal, you will definitely get your cash back. It's not one massive conspiracy to milk money out of the population of Aberdeen (because clearly people outside of the city have a) never heard of the festival and b) wouldn't buy tickets anyway due to lack of campsite).

Whatever mate.

It's not just my opinion, so attack the others too.

When you have 4 tickets and a fair amount of money to lose on your debit card and after a few visits and failed attempts to return my money, sorry that I'm just a little concerned.

They could not refund me and will not refund in cash if card was used.

Refunds usually come in the form of the payment given. I have never encountered a refund in cash from a card transaction. I can't say any more about it than that but neither can 99.9% of the contributor's to this board. I hope you get your money back shortly.

Every other transaction on my card worked perfectly this weekend.

I don't ever remember a single problem with using my card, yet Drummonds can't refund money both days.

It should not be so difficult to get a refund.

When their bank system did not work they would not offer cash.

When is Drummonds ever open during the day?

If it is an issue with their machine your card has naff all to do with it, card payment isn't by way of one massive linked machine. I have been in different shops on the same day using the same card and one place has processed payment fine while others struggled. I have never come across any business who offer cash in lieu of the card refund not working. In any case, Drummonds are highly unlikely to carry enough cash in-house to refund several parties coming in looking for refunds when the machine is down. Especially on a weekend when the banks are closed.

I think you need to be a bit more realistic and flexible. If the festival had been going ahead the cash would still not be in your account so why get stressed about it being returned in a nano-second?

Whatever mate.

It's not just my opinion, so attack the others too.

When you have 4 tickets and a fair amount of money to lose on your debit card and after a few visits and failed attempts to return my money, sorry that I'm just a little concerned.

Out of your 65 posts on this board I would wager less than 10% contain anything positive about anything to do with anything.

I can understand your concern, but it's not a scam to take your money - if you do not get your cash back I will eat my own balls.

I apologise I've caused offence, it was not my intention.

I don't call trying for 2 days for a refund a nano second or unreasonable. We will have to differ on opinions.

It's not just my money tied up in the tickets as I bought on behalf of others. They want to free up cash to fund a late t in the park ticket.

I will phone into drummonds and see when they are opening. Hopefully I can get an hour off work to pop in at some point.

Again, I apologise that asking the question has caused offence.