aberdeen-music

Seaton Park Festival? Any info

rowan

Would be good if this does give it a kick up the arse it needs and it does indeed go ahead.

They should give it until the end of the weekend and see if all these folks who are going to buy tickets do so..... what with it being pay weekend and all.

Over 260 folks have signed it already by the looks of it with many saying they want several tickets.

You'd be looking at at least 20-30 for several of those acts at their own shows.

A missed opportunity by Aberdeen, really poor show.

Correct. Over the past 18 months or so I'd spent.......

Madness @ 02 Glasgow - 33.50

Idlewild @ Lemon Tree - 16:00

Edwyn Collins @ Lemon Tree - 16:50

Twilight Sad @ Lemon Tree - 13.20

Sunday ticket for the festival (already bought!) - 55.00

Do the sums for yourselves.

Sad.

Would be good if this does give it a kick up the arse it needs and it does indeed go ahead.

They should give it until the end of the weekend and see if all these folks who are going to buy tickets do so..... what with it being pay weekend and all.

Over 260 folks have signed it already by the looks of it with many saying they want several tickets.

Thing is, and I'm not just trying to be a naysayer here, now they've publicly said it's cancelled and the media have ran the story how many people who were waiting for payday are going to still go ahead and buy those tickets? Not many. In addition to that how many are going to try and get a refund on their tickets now that it's been officially cancelled?

They'd have been better off running the petition then making the announcement next week. By making the announcement now and then trying to rally around they've just made it all that much harder I fear.

We ordered our tickets ages ago. If it does still go ahead I'll be delighted but I'm not sure if it's possible now the announcement's been made.

Thing is, and I'm not just trying to be a naysayer here, now they've publicly said it's cancelled and the media have ran the story how many people who were waiting for payday are going to still go ahead and buy those tickets? Not many. In addition to that how many are going to try and get a refund on their tickets now that it's been officially cancelled?

They'd have been better off running the petition then making the announcement next week. By making the announcement now and then trying to rally around they've just made it all that much harder I fear.

We ordered our tickets ages ago. If it does still go ahead I'll be delighted but I'm not sure if it's possible now the announcement's been made.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree. They should have come out and said that people need to start buying their tickets a couple of weeks back.

And nailed down a headliner.

I personally know at least 40 odd folks who haven't bought yet but were going to go.... and I'm sure many others were in the same boat.

A shame, would be good if it could be salvaged!

I completely agree with this, but it's worth a try if it'll boost sales, isnt it?

My brother's got a ticket for this. I hope if it doesn't go ahead he gets a refund. :(

It is a shame it's being cancelled, however, reading that petition page, the term 'Mystery Guest' did put me off. There were a lot of bands on that list that I'd pay to see, however, that one last headliner was make or break as there were a lot of the bands that I wasn't interested in. I don't see why they'd market it like that when we have no idea of the calibre they could potentially get?

The Mystery Guest thing seems to be a massive issue for a lot of people, which I am a little surprised about. It is well known that Iain Brown was booked before his agents moved the goalposts a few days before the festival's first announcement. They had no choice but to go with Mystery Guests and work like crazy trying to find an alternative. When they couldn't lock in Faithless I guess there was a big dropoff in options and the organisers are not the sort of people to accept a mediocre headliner.

Personally I couldn't give less of a fuck about the headliners because there are very few bands with the stature of headliners that I truly like. The rest of the bill was more than good enough to get people through the gates, I would have thought.

My automatic attendance intent kind of got kicked into touch by inability to get a babysitter, so the original plan for me and wife to go was scuppered. I was trying to drum up some interest amongst a few mates for at least hitting the Sunday night but I was having to hold off buying tickets in any case.

Sorry but I still think that the line-up was a f**king outstanding effort for a first time festival. Surely even the most cynical can admit that having Madness alone was a fair coup considering their heritage and the fact they can go on high capacity tours on their own steam.

Kelis, Example and Tynchy Stryder were all in the top 10 the other week, so it's not like they arent popular acts.

I'm confused though. They apparently asked for the petition to be started (although I cant get on FB so i cant be certain on that) and yet their website is offline...

They should definitely make another announcement, try and get something sorted and see what they can shift over the weekend....

From what I gather they weren't too far off hitting the break even target sales wise, a big push at the weekend and it could all be back on.

I fear it's a wee bit too late though.......

Surely no camping should be a bonus! Camping is horrific.

They did have rooms available in hillhead halls, which I thought was a good idea.

Im not keen on camping either but some people do love that camping experience though and the ability to chill out with other festival goers.

True but they also had the accommodation at Hillhead for those needing to stay overnight.

Which in itself is fine too and the chalet arrangement works well for ATP but this was meant to be a summer festival. People are going to want to stay out in the evening air and take in the glorious weather.

From what i can say and put in text....

Worst summer to start a festival

Needed to announce sing-a-long festival headliners

Pretty strong booking

Competetive & realistic price

No idea the advertising range etc having been out of Scotland for some 4 + years now.

edit:

Site was right

Didn't know there wasn't camping. Only festivals that work without camping are classical / heritage site picnic concert style or straight up POP fests ala T4 on the beach etc.