aberdeen-music

Seaton Park Festival? Any info

rowan

This definitely looks interesting. 90 is good value, but it'll be another 15 probably in fees + postage from Ticketmaster. That's the frustrating part.

So I guess for those who can, buying from OneUp (I presume they'll be selling them) would be the best idea.

Knowing how the guys behind this feel about booking fees I doubt there will additional charges on top of face value other than postage.

It's looking well good and extremely chuffed for them. The turn around from idea to announcing is remarkable. :up::up::up:

Guest Tam o' Shantie

who is organising the DJs? acid thunder would be all over this. really impressive line up so far. like christy said, most of the other scottish festivals had years of lacklustre line ups before they managed to pull off something like this.

Guest Gladstone

Nice one Jamesy (and whoever else is involved).

Fucking great line up for a first time out. All the people making snidey remarks should try putting on a gig, let alone a festival and then see how easy it is to get bands of this calibre to play!

And 90 for the whole weekend is more than reasonable.

Unfortunately, I won't be in Aberdeen that weekend, so can't head along (otherwise The Underkills would obviously have been headlining the main stage...)

Just in case my post saying it seemed expensive was taken as an attempt to be negative, it wasn't. I just genuinely didn't expect it to be that much when I first heard there would be a music festival in Seaton park. Looks as if it will be a much bigger event than I first imagined.

Don't think there's enough on the bill to make me pay the ticket price but there are certainly enough high profile acts that others probably will. I couldn't go if I wanted to anyway.

How many people are you hoping / expecting to attend?

Guest Gladstone
Just in case my post saying it seemed expensive was taken as an attempt to be negative, it wasn't. I just genuinely didn't expect it to be that much when I first heard there would be a music festival in Seaton park. Looks as if it will be a much bigger event than I first imagined.

Don't think there's enough on the bill to make me pay the ticket price but there are certainly enough high profile acts that others probably will. I couldn't go if I wanted to anyway.

How many people are you hoping / expecting to attend?

Have you seen the price of festivals these days? Wizard Festival is 75, and the headliners are The Stranglers and Cast. Yes, CAST! I know people will scoff at that, but I'm genuinely excited about seeing Cast again. I saw them when I was 15 (14 years ago - Jesus!). But the line up for this Seaton Park festival looks like it will be a bit more impressive and current than Wizard normally is. Wizard is a cracking festival, but as folks further up were saying, it takes years to get established enough to normally get the sort of line up they've got in the first year.

I think Wizard will always have the same sort of feel with the headliners being a band who were big a few years back - they put on a decent mix of bands that appeals to the majority that go to the Wizard.

I think for the line up, 90 is very reasonable.

In response to a couple of posts further up...

No, there's not six stages - there are three stages, over two days. A couple of the stages change names.

Not sure about Fiddle Stixx, but I know Bombskare are a pretty fun ska band.

And finally, a HUGE congratulations to all those involved in organising this. it's definitely the biggest thing to happen to the Aberdeen music scene for a few years, and here's hoping it carries on for years to come. I, for one, can't wait for July to roll around!

Gladstone, I meant that when this first appeared I had in mind something different, basically a small one stage event, similar to free at the dee but with a couple of big acts as headliners. Realising it will be something bigger makes the price seem more reasonable. But due to personal taste I still wouldn't pay it.

But due to personal taste I still wouldn't pay it.

Same here, although I think it has great potential and the calibre of the line up is incredible for a first time event. Should more bands that I like be added to the bill, then it may encourage me to attend. I really hope it's a success and it's encouraging and exciting to see something like this happen in Aberdeen. I'd like to add to the plaudits the organisers have already received.

Knowing how the guys behind this feel about booking fees I doubt there will additional charges on top of face value other than postage.

The Ticketmaster link has 90 + 9 booking fee. I was kinda meaning that if it is as much as that then giving the extra to OneUp would be better than Ticketmaster.

I am actually amazed by this whole thing. Really good work from everyone involved. I mean Kelis... in Seaton Park, who'd have thought that?!

Cracking line up for a first attempt but will echo the chat amongst friends today, it's going to be minker central. The likes of Wizard mean that people have to travel and dodgers stay clear.

Would love to see Twilight Sad but there is going to be far too many dodgers for my liking.

Guest idol_wild
Cracking line up for a first attempt but will echo the chat amongst friends today, it's going to be minker central. The likes of Wizard mean that people have to travel and dodgers stay clear.

Would love to see Twilight Sad but there is going to be far too many dodgers for my liking.

I have been to about twelve festivals across the UK and Europe in the past year and half or so, and every UK festival had a contingent of 'minkers' in the audience; it happens everywhere on this island, apart from the little boutique festivals (akin to, and including, Wizard, Fence Homegame, Wickerman). They don't generally cause harm, so long as they aren't squatting down with their bare spread hoop rolling out a toldy, a la T in the Krap. Glastonbury was the only one without 'minkers'.

Don't let it put you off going, comrade. :up:

The Ticketmaster link has 90 + 9 booking fee. I was kinda meaning that if it is as much as that then giving the extra to OneUp would be better than Ticketmaster.

I am actually amazed by this whole thing. Really good work from everyone involved. I mean Kelis... in Seaton Park, who'd have thought that?!

Yeah buy the tickets locally.

As said previously, it's also important not to discriminate based on someones appearance: wearing a tracksuit or whatever doesn't mean they are there to cause trouble, most will probably be looking to have a good time, just like everybody else.