aberdeen-music

Seaton Park Festival? Any info

rowan

This was just put on their Facebook page:

Although a line-up is currently in circulation, Northern Lights Music Festival cannot confirm that this is in anyway representative of the actual festival line-up. However folks, the wait will soon be over as the full line-up will be announced this coming Monday, 18 April.

This was just put on their Facebook page:

Although a line-up is currently in circulation, Northern Lights Music Festival cannot confirm that this is in anyway representative of the actual festival line-up. However folks, the wait will soon be over as the full line-up will be announced this coming Monday, 18 April.

I hope this isn't like the one a few years ago (Feughfest?) that started throwing around Biffy Clyro's name amonst others when they were playing major festivals on the same date.

That aside, if that lineup is genuine then the price seems pretty good for the level of acts playing. And it's a city centre (ish) festival so you can go home afterwards.

I hope this isn't like the one a few years ago (Feughfest?) that started throwing around Biffy Clyro's name amonst others when they were playing major festivals on the same date.

That aside, if that lineup is genuine then the price seems pretty good for the level of acts playing. And it's a city centre (ish) festival so you can go home afterwards.

Alright mate - been a while. It's a million miles from Feugh - see EE tomorrow. Ticketmaster made a blunder in somehow having that page live, but all will be revealed in the morning x

Cant believe that people are moanbing about the price. A two day festival for 90 bangers featuring some actual quality acts in the city centre. Haters gonna hate etc, but the price seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I agree with this, my price worries are purely from a personal point of view really.

Fair play to those involved for trying to get something like this off the ground, and I wish them every success.

Due to the amounts of money that these bands/acts ask for up-front it's highly understandable that they have been cautious with annoucing the acts, especially as contracts will now be in place or close to being sealed.

Fingers crossed that everything goes to plan and Aberdeen will have something to be proud of.

And if anyone's scared of attending due to 'neds', I'm very sorry you feel that way. Best just stay in yer hoosie and play yer X-Box! :up:

Typical Aberdeen area attitude that it is too expensive/bands are shit/will be full of neds, etc, always got to be some c**t moaning. One minute nothing is happening, the next, something is happening but it's nae good enough.

Comparing this with other smaller scale festivals that are more established such as Rockness/Belladrum, this bill is pretty impressive if it goes ahead as being touted, good spread of acts I think. Even if I'm not a huge fan of many of the acts, there's a great combination of bands I would like to see and bands I will go and see because I'm there.

And it's a train ride away.much less for others.

Guest idol_wild

The fact that it's walkable from the city centre is pretty awesome, to be fair. Where most festivals involve other costs, especially travel and booze, you could attend this festival for a flat 90 and then just bring your booze with you, then walk home and sleep in your own bed. Or piss. Or whatever you want, really.

Pretty cheap weekend of live music. I used to spend an average of 40 whenever I'd go to an individual gig to see bands of a similar level as those on the provisional line-up. 10 ticket (minimum) and then the over-priced booze at the venue. 90 + the price of your cheap booze is fuck all in context.

If the confirmed line-up tickles my fancy, and I'm not likely to miss some bands due to the multi-stage format, then I'm going to try and get up for it.

Seems alright for 90, however from what i'd want to see it is not quite worth that yet.

Have a local music tent (Indian Red Lopez, Min Diesel, Seas, Starry, Carson Wells.. et al) and an ale tent and i'm there.

The whole thing about 'neds' i think is exaggerated. Just 'cause someone dresses in tracksuits and comes from a certain area doesn't mean they are out to cause trouble. Most of them are there to have a good time too and enjoy the music.

In all the festivals i have been too i have never once had a problem with 'neds', this includes T in The Park which i think is vastly exaggerated on the problem.

If you don't bother them, they won't bother you.

I don't know about the other names that have previously been mentioned but I can confirm that my "Facebook Friend" James Walbourne is booked.

James used to be with Chrissie Hynde and The Pretenders, the Pernice Brothers etc. He has been much in demand for recording sessions here in the UK and in the USA. James is featured prominently on Jerry Lee Lewis's recent Mean Old Man CD that was recorded in Memphis.

James is on Heavenly Records and often appears at the same show as his labelmate Edywnn Collins who is also booked for the Aberdeen Festival.

These links detail both artists' latest recordings.

James Walbourne // Heavenly Recordings

Edwyn Collins // Heavenly Recordings

This is a link to James playing some great guitar.

James is a very accomplished musician.

As far as I'm concerned, whoever is organising this deserves a pat on the back for bringing a organising this in Aberdeen. Whether you like the line up or not, there are some decent names on the bill and if this year has positive results then there is potential for the festival to grow and improve in the future. If it is a success, then in two or three years time we could have a cracker of a festival in our back yard. With this and Wizard we may have some good small festivals on the go in the region.

Personally, I like the look of some of the acts so I'll be in attendance. It also seems there will be some support going to local music so a big thumbs up from me.

The only 2 rumours I've heard are Madness and Vesuvian. Neither of which really makes me want to rush out for tickets.

I think both of these bands are great additions to the festival, if in fact the rumours are true. Madness are guaranteed to bring a crowd, and you'll probably get a good mix of folk. Definite feel-good factor!

As for Vesuvian, I think they're a cracking addition too. They're local and they're unique, and again, they're guaranteed to bring a big crowd, which again, is an extremely smart move from the organisers. I've received an early promo copy of their upcoming EP and it's huge. Massive psychedelic wall-of-sound-stuff, which I think will be great for a festival.

Fingers crossed this thing gets the full go-ahead.

Fingers crossed this thing gets the full go-ahead.

Surely it wouldn't be at the Ticketmaster stage on Monday if it didn't already have the full go-ahead? I'm actually getting really quite excited to find out who is definitely on the bill, and how many stages etc. According to the facebook page, the full line-up will be announced on Monday, so potentially many more acts than have already been rumoured :)

This type of thing reminds me of Indian Summer at the Green in Glasgow. Pity they stopped doing that. Might go to this one if finances allow it and there are a few more acts i like the look of.

Indian Summer was brilliant.

I'm glad Aberdeen is getting something like this, it's pretty exciting. Can't wait to see the full, confirmed line-up. I'm still impressed at Kelis apparently playing!

Our very own forum regs Jamesy, Ross AGP and John (Hen) Beverley I'm sure deserve a lot of credit for pulling together such a fantastic lineup. I think that some people havn't recognised just how damn impressive it is, pulling together a lineup of this quality at a first-year festival. Most festies take years to build a reputation and attract a stellar lineup.

Well played fellas