aberdeen-music

New Mp3 For Download Now!!

Joe Atom

Yup, track five of our forthcoming album is now available from our official site. The song is called 'All We Are' and was penned by Len, Mac, Dan and myself. Please take the time to listen to it and let us know what you think. Hope you all enjoy it!

Here's the link:

http://dialspace.dial.pipex.com/prod/dialspace/town/pipexdsl/s/asui67/atom/

The full resolution artwork is also now up, just follow the link. It takes ages to load, as it's fucking massive, but it's worth the wait to see the full res mofo, it's much better than the blurry version on the the front page of the site.

Rock on :up:

Guest Stripey

HAHAHAH THAT IS FUCKING SHITE.

Nah in all seriousness, it sounds really tight, professional and cleanly produced. Only gripe is that the drums seem a bit overpowered by the rest of the parts at times, maybe slightly blunted dynamics, and the hats/cymbals don't really cut through the mix very well, but that's just my personal taste. Anyway, big improvement over the last tune I heard (the last day?), nice work, congrats.

Rockin', cheers Joe, got it now...the page does however appear as updated after I got the song. Dunno what the problem was.

ANYWAY....Christ! Fucking impressive!! Seems the Atom lads have developed their style into something quite excellant. Solo's are ace and just EVERYWHERE, vocals sounds brilliant, recorded very well aswell, tempo changse are cool...I can't really keep track of the structure (which is a good thing) I shall have to listen to it more........which I will!

Can't wait for Friday 13th.

Awesome.

PS: the fill at 4:25 is amazing by the way.

EDIT: Oh and i'd just like to add that I love songs that have a chorus that repeats a phrase that ISN'T the title.

I thought i'd listen to it for a day before giving judgement, first impressions arn't always lasting. The Intro is awesome, vocals sounds good, although at the last vocal segment before it gets loud, between the line that ends "price i've payed" and the line that starts "if I can make", it sort of sounds like they two lines are a bit too close together, the vocals overlap for a second, maybe that's intended, it just stood out to me. Riff upto 1:26 is 8). Then when it gets fast and the vocals come in too, it's great. Chorus kicks ass. It's after that that the changing time structures really seem to kick in. The section that starts at 3:42 is just fucking ace, really, solo's galore and they all sound ace, hooked throughout untill 4:24, then OH MY, i've grown to like it alot, but the change there seemed very odd at the beginning. I'm not used to this complexity in my metal! After that part some great guitar work, then we hit the chorus till the end.

It wasn't as instantly anthemic at many of your songs, it just took a bit of listening to get used to everything that was happening there, but once it all jelled it was awesome.

I've been psyched for a long time about the album, and this has certainly kept me psyched. It's different, but it's fucking cool.

when i first heard it i did ealise that it was VERY different, but still fucking amazing!

I absolutly love the intro and the riff up to 1:26 as foreskin ninja pointed out

vocals are sounding awesome too

I CANT FUCKING WAIT TIL FRIDAY!!!!!

im so excited!!!

now you've just got me wanting more, MORE, MORE!!!!!!!!!

New Found Power - We steal nothing from nobody... that bit is not in Virus, although it is a similar time change, I know what you're talking about. But you will find that actually it's not as similar as you think. Also, the artwork does indeed make a great desktop, it's been mine for a good couple of months now...

Ninja - That dissonant change after the solo, I wasn't sure about it at first either but I love it now so much. That bit is just awesome, it totally throws you when you're not expecting it and thrusts you right into the incredible world of quality Dan Atom soloage. And all that overlapping vocal stuff is entirely intended thank you very much! ;)

Everyone - Is this really as different as you all seem to think it is? Why? It's quite difficult for us to take a step back and analyse it... it just seems like a logical follow-on from the songs we've been doing up until now to me ?( It's quite catchy isn't it? Erm, and if this seems different then there's some stuff on the album that might make you freak out a bit more...

Shit, I'm worried you're all going to hate us now...

From the start to the end it's less of a Black "we like Maiden" Atom and more of a Black "something new and interesting" Atom. Can sense the prog. influence...def. more of a crafted piece than earlier songs. Judging by this song I am eagerly awaiting the CD and the live performances.

Chris - I don't have your address! Please PM me or email me, and I'll send you a copy of our old demo with the album so you can judge whether or not you think we've changed substantially :)

Everyone - As long as this "change" you all speak of is for the good then that's ok... but if you recall, 'Fight Not One' from the last demo had more than a wee hint of the prog about it! Sure, we've got a few complex time thingys coming up for you, but it's all old-school ;)