aberdeen-music

Joan of Arc//Hot Club De Paris + Support 27th June

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bobby burg was just lovely. by far the most posi guy in the room. his grin! the whole band seemed so into it. seriously though, thanks so much for putting this on. i'm glad i came back up for it. i've always been a bit 'meh' about joan of arc but was totally blown away this evening. everything was spot on. and finishing with an owls song?! arrived a bit late so only caught min diesel onwards (who i really enjoyed!). there were two really outstanding tracks - 4th and second last maybe? i can't quite remember. i've never enjoyed hot club de paris and that just made it worse. don't get it. worst banter i've ever heard, too. real head-in-hands material.

Aye, really great gig last night. Gutted that Seas,Starry had their set cut short when Jan's amp packed in as I was really getting into them. Min Diesel were good noisy fun! Hot Club de Paris were really good I thought, and their banter was equal parts quite amusing and quite cringe-worthy. Joan of Arc were just blooming brilliant although after Claire pointed out that Tim Kinsella looked like Professor Lupin I couldn't really look at him the same way. Delighted they finished on that Owls song. Great set.

Yeah, this was the best gig I've been to in a while. Didn't see the Min, and Seas, Starry were cut short but I thoroughly enjoyed Hot club and Joan of Arc. JoA weren't as good as I expected them to be, perhaps, but I still thought they were very good. That doesn't really make sense... I actually enjoyed Hot Club's banter. I thought it was mostly really funny. good on the Dave's, I hope you covered your costs and what not. I didn't actually pay as I was on the door for Min Diesel, so if you're short on money I'll feel really bad...

Really glad everybody enjoyed themsleves. Only really saw Joan Of Arc who surpassed my expectations by a good stretch. Was really bowled over by the response we (Min DIesel) got too.

Dont really want to go into the ins and outs of it as it was a really good gig, well attended and great fun to be part of. Defintely ambitious for Dave and myself to do ourselves but you live and learn.

Really glad everybody enjoyed themsleves. Only really saw Joan Of Arc who surpassed my expectations by a good stretch. Was really bowled over by the response we (Min DIesel) got too.

Dont really want to go into the ins and outs of it as it was a really good gig, well attended and great fun to be part of. Defintely ambitious for Dave and myself to do ourselves but you live and learn.

really sorry not to make this Its very heartening to see you guys taking the plunge with an ambitious promotional line up. its very refreshing to read the honesty of two posters above about offering to pay afterwards.

give me a bell if you want to co-host something interesting down the line...

Hot Club's banter makes me larf, but I can understand why people would hate it - kinda wish they would play more songs over chatting. Nice dudes though in my experience. The newer stuff just doesn't live up to the older stuff to me personally... 'My Little Haunting' is one of my favourite pop tunes. Shipwrecked and sometimesitsbetter... were sad omissions too.

Joan of Arc were cool though, I enjoyed them. The Min were tight - vocals were spot on. Last two songs were personal favourites.

Thanks to everyone who helped put on this show. I enjoyed everybody's set. Min Diesel were really good. Last time I saw them was about a year ago and I thought they were okay but they've improved a lot since then. I was pleasantly surprised. Their drummer is good despite not having hairy arms. Well done, chaps.

It was great to see Victor looking healthy and happy. I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to see him play so it was extra special this time.